Squiers Manor B&B
Agoda.com
$100
$115
$55
Baymont Inn & Suites Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
$91
$89
$86
Travelocity
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
$73
Grant Hills Motel(Galena)(Great Value!)
$59
Decker Hotel(Maquoketa)
All reviewscandlelight dessertgreat foodbed and breakfaststate parkstay there againbridal suitewonderful experiencedining roomspecial dessertwonderful placewonderful hostsenjoyed breakfastbreakfast was deliciousstayed longerrooms are beautifulold victorianfood allergies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I absolutely loved our get away here. The elegance of the home and decor was amazing. The hospitality and food was great! We will go back for sure. Need to create a relationship special time, this is the place.

Room Tip: thesuites are awesome, and details great. we stayed in the bridal suite but will probably try the ballroom suite or loft next.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

When I was making plans for an out-of-state family reunion, a Maquoketa resident recommended Squiers Manor. The owners made the planning easy for me. The Squiers Manor website gives an accurate description of the rooms and how many people each room can accommodate.

Even though the website photos are lovely, photos cannot do justice in conveying the warmth and charm of this 19th-century mansion. The house is an extension of its owners, Kathy and Virl. Their kind hospitality made us feel like longtime family friends. They transformed our family reunion into lifetime memories!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

In my travels around the nation, I have stayed at many hotels, and another night at a hotel is NEVER something I look forward too if I can avoid it.

Recently, I needed to be in Maquoketa, Iowa, for a wedding, and I was glad to learn of the highly reviewed Squiers Manor B&B. With short notice I was able to make a reservation in the Beulah Room, named after one of the Squiers daughter's who grew up and was married in the house, whose father the house was built for. It was a lovely room with a twin bed for our 9 year old daughter, and most reasonable priced too. The furnishings in our room and all the others we were able to see, were stunning. This may have been the finest B&B I have ever stayed in anywhere in the US and Canada.

But not only was the building grand, and furnishings fantastic (Kathy and her husband are antique dealers and have searched high and low for the most amazing furnishings for their B&B), the hospitality was grand too. Kathy accommodated our need to check in a bit before standard check in between 4-8pm, and kindly greeted us and gave us a full tour of the house.

If we have any disappointment at all, it was that we could not stay longer, enjoy the evening dessert or partake of the morning breakfast. We have heard it is great. We can't wait to get back to Maquoketa again and visit Squiers Manor again, and we would tell you to make a reservation here if you are passing through or staying for a few days in the area, it is a MAGNIFICENT B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I needed a place to stay for the night while driving through. For about the price of a regular motel, I found at Squiers Manor. As a result, what would have been a plain night in a plain place turned into a evening of warm, intimate, gracious hospitality. The owners were very dedicated to pleasing their guests.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank phm3
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We have stayed at Squiers Manor many times over the years, on trips back to my hometown. The Manor is in a quiet neighborhood, within walking distance of downtown, and the public library. Each room is furnished with lovely antiques, and the common rooms (parlor, dining room) are beautifully & tastefully decorated. Verl and Kathy Banowetz are wonderful hosts - you feel as though you are staying with family. The breakfasts can't be compared - not your usual B&B fare, but inspired combinations that will delight you every morning. The Manor has a wide front porch, perfect for reading or relaxing in the warm weather. At the holidays, the Manor is decked out for season. A wonderful experience for the price - you'll be glad you stayed here, instead of a chain motel!

Room Tip: Every room has its unique features - certainly the suite at the top of the Manor is the most impressive, but even the smaller, cozier rooms are charming.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family