“nice and spooky”

Decker Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maquoketa
“nice and spooky”
Reviewed October 1, 2005

good place to spend halloween. I was visiting a friend and I think my room was haunted. I got an eerie feeling and then later that night my electricity went out and I had to switch rooms. It was quite riviting, but I felt very welcome by the people there...that were alive.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed June 30, 2005

We were excited to eat at Decker House Hotel Restaurant after hearing great things but so truly disappointed! The hostess was clueless as to where to seat us. The waitress "disappeared" for a long, long time and we wondered if she would ever come back to even take our orders. The menu selection was very limited. The food was over cooked and cold - the vegetables looked like left-overs warmed up from four days ago! Yuck! To top it off, we woke up at 3am with horrible stomach cramps. Will never, ever eat there again!

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank photos2print
mikeq1948, Owner at Decker Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear traveler, I apologize for your last visit to the Decker. My brother and I bought the Hotel in February of 2013. We invite you to come back and experience our quality food, accommodations and friendly and professional staff. We are now approaching our first year and have acquired quite a few great reviews. Come back and give us a try. Look me up or mention this response to my staff and I will give you a nights stay in one of our beautiful rooms. I will also discount your meal just to show you that you are important to us. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time
Reviewed January 9, 2005

My wife and I spent a weekend there in feb. of 2004 to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. We felt that the care that the staff gives is more like coming home than being away. We already have a room reserved for this feb. 2005 to celebrate year 3.

Thanks Decker House

Lingle Family Clinton Iowa

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2004

The Decker Hotel, We went thru the town and found the most wonderfull place for Dinner , even with thousends of people in town , the service great and friendly the food was the best ,price was great , now I have to find a reason to go back , Thank you for being a great host , Jochen Ditterich a Ragbrai rider

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 10, 2003

The Decker House is a treasure in the middle of the heartland of America. A beautifully restored hotel, with wonderful rooms, and great food. A great value and an experience highly recommended.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 12, 2003

The Decker House is a beautifully restored historic hotel whose owners,
Troy & RaeAnn Thede make every guest staying at the hotel feel at home.
I have had the opportunity to stay at the Decker a few times and each
time has been a wonderful experience! I would highly recommend it for
business or romantic travel!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maquoketa
Maquoketa Inn and Suites
#3 of 4 in DeWitt
Squiers Manor B&B
Squiers Manor B&B
#1 of 1 in Maquoketa

Been to Decker Hotel? Share your experiences!