“exide business trip”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Manchester
CARMEL
“exide business trip”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

room was clean and the staff very friendly. Beds were a llittle on the hard side. Breakfast was convenoient but coffee was very weak and lacked flavor. water in shower was not able to get very warm

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Moweaqua, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was hoping that the reviews that I had read before we stayed were just out of line. Guess they were right. Where do we start? We booked a block of rooms for a wedding. We got there a couple days early. Had to wait for the front staff to get done with their cigarette they were smoking by the front door to come and check us in. Got to the room and well it seemed nice. Started to unpack to find dirty bathrooms and floors. The heater on the wall was so noisy. When we went to take a shower the towels were terribly thin. Some even had holes. Don't get me started on water pressure for the shower or sink. Since we traveled a great distance to get here we were extremely tired so we climbed into beds that were well past their prime and really needed to be replaced. I understand that times are tough but i don't agree that things need to be done so cheaply. The breakfast that morning consisted of coffee that was so thin that it was like a tan color. Powered donuts that were old, bagels and english muffins that were stale. Apple juice and Orange juice that had frozen chunks in it. One thing that I have never had happen to me when I have stayed at other hotels was an envelope in the room from house keeping. This envelope was for a tip for them on their good house keeping. Really?? With mold on the shower curtain, dirty on the floors, cobwebs in the corners and I should be gracious and leave a tip? No, I don't think so! Unless the management take a look at this hotel and cares anything at all about the guests that may want to stay there, I am telling all of you who read this, DON'T STAY HERE. There is a Super 8 just up the street a little ways. Stay there.

Room Tip: No good rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

LAKE MILLS
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel first looks are okay. The first night I was suppose to have a refrigerator and when asked where it was, the staff informed me that I was given a different room because there is a leak in the ceiling in the room with the refrigerator. I went to take a shower and 1/3 of the water drizzled out of the shower and the rest out of the tub faucet. I ran the water for 5 minutes and it was still barely warm. I called the clerk, whom called the maintenance person, who would not come until the next morning. I wanted a hot shower in the room, so the clerk transferred me to a different room stating that there was no guarantee on hot water. The shower worked and and water was pretty warm. The towels were very thin and had shreds hanging from them. these are the worst towels I have ever seen. The next morning I had my choice of white bread, white bagels, dried tangerines, bruised apples, powdered sugar or chocolate mini doughnuts and warm milk. The pool was closed and I could see a stack of mattresses inside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Arizona
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This motel has gone downhill since I stayed here a year and a half ago. Our shower was a trickle I guess due to poor water pressure and towels were very thin. The breakfast buffet consisted of cornflakes, fruit loops, toast, and donuts. Some healthy foods like fruit or granola would have been nice. The minimal staff was friendly and helpful. It was not a comfortable stay. Manchester needs motels and a few B&Bs.otherwise visitors will have to stay in other towns and spend their money there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Comfort Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Manchester
Super 8 Dyersville
Super 8 Dyersville
#2 of 3 in Dyersville

Been to Days Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!