“Stay away!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Manchester
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Stay away!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We arrived fairly late at night and the first room we were given had not been cleaned from the previous guests. The second room had a beeping smoke alarm. The next morning there was no coffee. And there was no one tending the breakfast area or the front desk. No washcloths. The pool was closed and looked like it hadn't functioned for some time. The last night we were there police broke down the door to arrest another guest. Never again!!!!

Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Never changed my bed clothes for 5 days. It became a SAD joke to me after 3rd day!!!
Upon checking out, desk clerk sad SORRY but we must have forgot.
Towels are RAGS, fraying at the edges.
Same mattress as when the place was built.
I know as I have been staying there since it was new, as it is the BEST OPTION in town!!!
Recliner in room broken!!
PROBLEM: This is BEST PLACE to stay in town. Next closest hotel/motel is 20 miles away, and owner knows it!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Just an overall bad experience and not a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Ohio
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed here for my father-in-laws funeral. I do have a few things to comment on, the first would be the way the water comes out in the sink in the bathroom. Its sprays all over the place, other family members said the same thing. The pool is closed for good. The breakfast was ok, just your basic cereal, bagels, little muffins, toast. I thought the milk tasted spoiled, but maybe it was just the brand. The place was clean, the beds were good. I probably would never stay here again, but if I had to I would since there is only one other hotel in town, which I hear isn't that great either.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
El Paso Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We booked our reservations with this hotel last year November 2009, I phoned tonight to confirm the reservations and was talking to the "new" manager telling her how we have stayed in that hotel for ten years and that our kids and myself enjoy the pool while their father works away from the hotel. When I hung up my husand informed me that he thought he saw somewhere that the pool was closed on the internet. I immediately called back and the manager stated that yes it was I asked her if there was going to be a discount on the rooms then and she said no. She was very rude. We immediately cancelled our reservation and found a room at another hotel even closer to where we needed to be. I have never experienced such rude management and will never stay there again. She really gave Days Inn a bad name tonight. They lied and were rudeon top of it. Stay clear of this one.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank farmtoys
manchester_daysinn, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Manchester, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time and writing the review. I am sorry that you experienced rudeness for our front desk staff. Our pool and spa have been down for over a year at that time and we try to make sure when calling us we advise of this matter. With our pool being down for over a year, we have taken the steps of advising all of our internet bookings and posting signs at our hotel, stating our pool and spa are closed until further notice from our owners.

We again apologize for the inconvience this may have caused you. We are hoping in the future you will consider staying with us.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights. I booked it because of the jacuzzi which we thought would feel great after a day of trout fishing. When we got to the motel there was a sign on the door that the pool and spa were not working. It is my understanding they haven't worked all summer. This should probably be noted on the website.
We had a room with 2 beds. Upon opening the room, I thought someone else was staying there. The pillows were on top of the bedspread and the beds looked like someone had been sitting on them. Found out this was our room. The bedspreads were the cheapest ones I have seen in a long time. There were snags and stains on them. I pushed mine to the foot of the bed. I checked for bed bugs and was glad to find none. The furniture, dresser, table and chairs all had deep scratches on them. The room appeared to be clean.
On the 2nd day, after fishing all day we returned to room and found the beds had not been made. We had pulled the covers up before leaving but did not make the bed. The bathroom was re stocked with towels, soaps, etc and the wastepaper basket emptied. Evidentally this is all housekeeping did.
We were staying on a Monday and Tuesday night and there weren't many people so I don't think housekeeping had more rooms then they could handle.
The complimentary breakfast is advertised as deluxe! What a joke - coffee, warm juice, 2 cereals, doughnut holes, and toast - not exactly what I would call deluxe! The front desk staff never came over to see if anything needed to be refilled.
All in all I was disappointed in the stay and will not stay herre again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed June 13, 2010

The first sign this might not be the best hotel out there was a sign on the door explaining why nothing is "their fault". And no, I'm not kidding. Pool - out of order. Hot tub - out of order. Room pricing - messed up. Cleanliness - not the best. Staff - very incompetent
(shouldn't a hotel that offers a continental breakfast at least have staff that know how to make coffee?)

We stayed at this hotel for a relative's wedding. We had a block of rooms that were pre-booked many months in advance. They still managed to make errors upon check-in. (And these rooms were booked directly through the hotel). People that had requested one bed had two AND were charged an additional fee. The clerk somehow had managed to put everyone's rooms under one name which made check-in interesting to say the least. Continental breakfast the next morning was orange juice, apple juice, milk, toast and cereal. The coffee was out at 9 am and the staff didn't know how to make more.

We had reserved the conference room as a central meeting place but the chairs in there were so stained and dirty, we hesistated to sit in them.

The pool had roughly one foot of water in the bottom and there was a sign on the door saying "Pool Closed. We don't know for how long. Sorry." (According to staff, it's been closed for months).

We attemped to ask a question at the front desk, but both staff members were outside smoking.

I realize it is nearly impossible to soundproof rooms however being able to hear every noise from the next room is a little ridiculous...especially late at night.

Needless to say, we will NOT be staying at this hotel again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank justllama
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Comfort Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Manchester
Super 8 Dyersville
Super 8 Dyersville
#2 of 3 in Dyersville

Been to Days Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!