“Nice place, good price.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites LeMars

Baymont Inn & Suites LeMars
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Le Mars
San Francisco, CA
“Nice place, good price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

First time staying here, and from the start with the smiling welcome from the lady at the Front Desk onward, this was a nice place. The room was clean and well appointed, with a small fridge and microwave and two comfortable beds. The bathroom area was divided, with the tub/shower and toilet in a lockable small room, the sink area small but with a coffee machine and set-ups, including decaf coffee.
Great pool and hot tub, only 4 foot deep but very refreshing and good for relaxing.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Every room is non-smoking
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Maylon M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites LeMars, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear William M,
I am so pleased your stay was such a great one! Thanks for your kind words and we hope to get the chance to provide a nice stay for you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed in town for a wedding. The room itself was fine; it was clean & the bed comfortable. The problem was nothing else seemed to work. Numerous people had problems with their card to the rooms & entry doors. At first the front desk staff thought it was human error, but when everyone kept complaining they must have figured out differently. Then our cards wouldn't work on the outside entry doors. What was really annoying was when staff said we couldn't prop the door open near our rooms. People were arriving & trying to get dressed, which meant going in & out of the building, but the staff had to be assured we would shut the door. Apparently they thought walking to the front door & thru the length of the building to get to our room with all of our luggage was a good idea. The phone line also didn't work to the hotel even though were were instructed to call before we came to make sure our room was available early. That didn't happen, so of course our room wasn't ready.

Also, communication within was bad. We were instructed was could use the breakfast room for lunch after the wedding. However, that night we were told no, but we could go outside. The temp was quite cool that night, so it wasn't an ideal solution. If they would have told us no to begin with we could have stayed at the hall longer & had lunch there.

This hotel was a nice looking, clean, comfortable place, too bad we had so many problems.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Maylon M, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites LeMars, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Omahatraveler17,
I'm sorry your stay was not to our standards. I have notified the maintenance man about the issues and are checking to see why the doors aren't working. We mainly try not to have guests prop the doors open for security reasons, although in this situation I agree it was an inconvenience for your family. For our phone lines being busy we have had our phone company come out here and look at the phone lines we are having troubles with so that shall be taken care of now. I apologize on behalf of the staff here and will be having a meeting over these things and more to ensure our communication is clear and we are doing everything we can to make our guests experience everything they want and more. We hope if you come to Le Mars again you would choose to stay with us.
sioux falls, south dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I picked this place because of the reviews here on tripadvisor. Well, I checked in and went up stairs to my room, first thing I noticed, I could smell cigarette smoke everywhere. The room looked clean but the window heat/air unit had something spilled all over it, plus I could hear someone's conversation very loud and clear so I went down to front desk and requested another room. I was given another room and this one was nicer and definitely cleaner. But the night and thru the rest of the stay I could smell cigarette smoke off and on.. This was supposed to be the non-smoking section of the hotel, but I thought Iowa was a non smoking all together in hotels and restaurants. (?). So after being gone all day Saturday, I come back to find that housekeeping never came and for the next 3Hours I was serenaded by a happy high pitched dog down the hall. Upon check out the desk clerk says,"oh your the mystery one" apparently no one knew which room I was in so that's why housekeeping didn't clean it. Um, if you looked in the room I was originally in you could obviously tell no one was staying there..but still they didn't know where I was!? So, needless to say, it wasn't worth the price, the breakfast is ok. Nothing to say it was special. I will not be staying there again. Also it says they were renovated in 2012, if your going to renovate, you should probably change out all the old fixtures that turn yellow and hold smell from years of smoking. The bathroom heatlamp was nicotine yellow.

Room Tip: Good luck trying to find a "non smoking room"
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Maylon M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites LeMars, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Maxthecat65,

I want to apologize for your clearly less than desirable stay you recently had. We have been having a problem with a long term guest staying in a nonsmoking room yet noticeably smoking in it. We are getting the problem resolved to prevent further complaints and dissatisfaction from our guests. I have notified housekeeping of the problems you experienced as well and making sure cleanliness is not being overlooked. From your review I can tell you don't want to stay with us again but I hope if you are in the area you would consider giving us another chance to redeem ourselves to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Le Mars
Holiday Inn Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites LeMars? Share your experiences!