“Even great during construction”

Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Le Claire
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we found the hotel undergoing a major outside renovation but the inside was great. Rooms were big, bed was comfortable, very clean room, good breakfast, nice exercise rooms and pool. Staff was very nice at giving us directions.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

As a Comfort Inn employee, I know how difficult it can be to work the front desk, and the lady with short blonde hair did fairly well. When i booked the only smoking room with a King bed, she let me know that it was a handicapped room, which I appreciated. But she said that if I didn't want to switch to a regular smoking room, I would have to wait to check in, even though it was almost an hour past check in time. So we settled for the room with 2 queen beds, even though we booked a King...not a big deal. The lack of an ice machine on 2nd floor was a little odd, I would suggest putting one up there so people who can't walk well don't have to go down the stairs. But the one thing that bothered me was that my confirmation letter said check out was at noon. At 10:45 as I was sleeping, a man knocked on our door, opened it, saw us sleeping and left. It only bothered me so much because we had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and it wasn't time to leave yet. Then at 11:00 a.m. the front desk lady called to ask if we were checking out. I told her yes but that my letter said we had until noon. She was very sweet and accomodating, she said "That's no problem! You can have until noon." Which I appreciated very much. All in all I would definitely come back, but a few less problems in the morning would be nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel was under construction when we arrived -- no pre-notice. Signs directed us to an "entrance" that was at the far end of the property (about as far from the front desk as you can get). I had badly hurt my knee on the trip and limped my way to the front desk. The surly front desk attendant saw me coming and she gave us a room on the second floor, in a property with no elevator. When I asked if she had something on the first floor, she said I would have to pay for an upgrade to a room with a 'jetted tub' (another Comfort Inn upgraded me at no cost because of my 'gold level membership' in Choice hotel's points club). I hobbled up to the second floor and found a room with mold in the bathroom, the bathroom sink was in the bedroom and a wallpaper job (in the corner by the desk) that looked like it was done by a first grader. When I tried to get onto the internet I found out that there was a password and had to call the front desk (the surly front desk person did not say anything about internet access password at check-in. The next morning I was awakened at 7:00AM by a truck backing into the construction area. I decided to take a shower before breakfast and the but had a VERY slow drain. Water from the shower got about ankle deep by the time she shower ended. The breakfast, if you want to call it that, was served in a converted hotel room rather than a true 'breakfast area. All-in-all, a very unpleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob6124
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a very good Comfort Inn. Everything worked as it should. The room was large + clean. The beds were excellent. The Wifi worked well. The breakfast was standard motel fare and satisfactory. Even the small exercise room machines worked properly. They do not have an elevator, but they are putting one in. Simply close to $90 for this area along the freeway is pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is my favorite Comfort Inn of all the Comfort Inns I have stayed in across the U.S. Very pleasant location, staff is professional and helpful, rooms are nice. Simply a real pleasure. We have stayed in this hotel three times over the last three years and it never fails to please. A bonus is the good German food in the bar at the foot of the hill.

Room Tip: river view rooms on one side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent 2 nights in LeClaire IA at Comfort Inn. One of the best Comfort Inns I have ever stayed in. Clean hotel. Staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. Rooms were quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast was one of the best. B & G, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, rolls, bagels, breakfast burritos. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When I first called to make the reservation; I asked for a view of the Mississippi. We were put on the 1st floor where you could see the river but through the cars in the parking lot. We arrived early enough to ask to be changed to another room on the 2nd floor and was accommodated. The view was much better. The 2 person Whirlpool-In Bath was a very small triangle tub in the corner of the room. It was hardly big enough for one person vs. two....save your money and don't get the whirlpool room!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor riverview room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Baymont Inn & Suites Davenport
Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Riverview? Share your experiences!