“Excellent view - easy to get to from I-80”

Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Le Claire
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Excellent view - easy to get to from I-80”
Reviewed August 4, 2007

I stayed here overnight on Tuesday, July 31, 2007. My check in was quite late in the evening, and the front desk staff was helpful and courteous even at that late hour. My room was clean and adequate, with a big comfortable bed, business desk with internet connectivity, a sofa bed, clock radio, TV, and two bedside tables. The bathroom was roomy and appointed with the Holiday Inn toiletries and towels that I like so well. This one had not only the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion I usually see, but also a makeup removal towelette. That was helpful, since I'd forgotten mine. There was coffeemaker in the bath as well, and two AZO teabags, a nice change. I had a room on the road side, and there was a notice about the trains that passed by nightly. Earplugs were next to this note. I didn't need them, though I did hear the train. This property is directly next to the Mississippi River, and many rooms are river front with balconies. There is a pool, but I didn't investigate the pool area. There was a complete breakfast the next morning with all manner of hot food and good coffee. I'd stay here again.

• Liked — The location and the view - excellent altenative to Davenport hotel prices
  • Disliked — I was pleased with the accomodation
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Amy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We stayed here for one night with our children. We had a suite with a view of the Mississippi River. We really enjoyed our stay. Unlike a previous reviewer, we did not have a problem with the train. I did hear it once, but it was not very noisy and did not affect me sleep. The breakfast was very good, though for some reason, the cinnamon rolls were not warm.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 18, 2007

The hotel itself is a nice Holiday Inn Express, fairly new and located right on the Mississippi river (so close it will certainly flood out sometime in the next 20 years). The staff was nice and check in/out is fine. The biggest problem is that a railroad runs less than 50 feet from the back of the hotel and trains go by every 3 to 4 hours during the night. Not only do they blow the train whistle, but the proxmity to the tracks can cause the room to shake when the engines pass. There was a note about the train and some ear plugs in sealed plastic bags in the room when I arrived. That alone is NOT a good sign.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank dale3
Chatham, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2007

Stayed here because only hotel in Quad Cities with pet policy that doesn't break the bank. Nice indoor pool, lobby has giant aquarium that children enjoy. Rooms are comfy and bathrooms clean. But the hotel is right next to a railroad and during our stay, trains went by three times in a night, waking us each time. So for a restful stay, I would not recommend this hotel. But if you want to see the river, the view is beautiful. Breakfast in the morning was about average - a nice perk.

• Liked — river view
  • Disliked — railroad next to hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisamarch
Le Claire, Iowa
Reviewed August 27, 2006

This is a relatively new HI Express that is directly on the Mississippi River near the I-80 bridge. We were given this room as a XMAS gift and finally got a chance to use it.

The main attraction is the view of the river from the motel. Our first problem was that the room we were given is on the first floor, and those rooms are at parking lot level and if there are cars in front of your room, that is all that you will see. They do have a patio, if you like sitting 5 feet from the parking.

The upper floors have balconies, so with a little whining I pursueded the clerk to give me an upper floor. She came through with an upgrade to a whirlpool suite, which was 2 rooms with a whirlpool in the bedroom. Very nice.

The decor in the hotel is very bland. VERY bland. But the place is clean and typical HI Express quality (which I find to be high).

So, if you want a river view, make sure it is not on the first floor. Otherwise this is a nice HI Express.

Stayed July 2006
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Radisson on John Deere Commons

Been to Holiday Inn Express Le Claire Riverfront - Davenport? Share your experiences!