“Over priced mediocre food”
Review of Steventon's

Steventon's
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Le Claire
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013

So, it's my birthday and we decided to go to Steventon's. I called ahead to make reservations for 8:30. We arrived on time and was told it would be 5 minutes before our table was ready. Noting that there were many open tablets were we could be seated at. So, 10 minutes later we were seated. Time is now approx 8:45. The waiter came by and we ordered not only our drinks but our food as well. At 8:55 the drinks we ordered arrived. I only had water which was empty within a couple of minutes. At 9:15 the salads arrived, 45 minutes after our reservation. Again, no water while we waited for our food. At 9:20 the waiter came by and told my son that the Mai Mai he ordered was out and he had to order something else. It was then a strike of brillance that he mentioned, you might want to look at the menu again. DUH!!! More delays and still no water.

At 9:40 our food arrived. I ordered an OVER PRICED filet medium rare - $30. My wife ordered filet cooked medium. They delivered the steaks. Mine was well done and my wife's was medium. Naturally we had had to exchange our food. Also, we ordered a baked potato. I swore this potato was baked 24 hours ago. The skin was like a lobster tail and the potato as you can image was as dry as an Arizona desert. So, at this point, the meal experience is going down hill very fast. Over cooked $30 steak and a hard baked potato.

I can't image a worst meal in my life. The service was extremely poor, the VERY OVER PRICED food was over cooked. The total bill was $180 and wasn't worth $10. What a perfect way to ruin by birthday. I could not recommend this place to any one and it was such a disappointment. I feel that I was basically robbed for the service and the food we received. I was so mad that I wrote on the check the this was the worst meal I have ever had. What a piece of crap!!!

If you are in to paying extremely high prices for poor service and rotten food then this is the place for you. I am so disgusted words can't describe it.

1  Thank MarkM36364

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Have eaten here on several occasions over the years. The food is always excellent, as is the service. A bit pricey but worth it. Enjoy.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Yes, it's pricey... but the dining experience is worth it! The decor is elegant, the wait staff is attentive and professional and your food will be perfectly prepared. My favorite meal begins with the Greek Cheese appetizer (served flambe at table-side), followed by the Bushmill's steak (the sauce is out of this world) as my entree and The Banana's Foster for dessert. If you can, reserve a table along the windows with the view overlooking the Mississippi River.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a special occasion type of place. A wedding reception was being held in the back so I thought service may suffer. The staff picked it up to cover for each other which was cool. Started with bruschetta that was flavorful and fresh not soggy. Seafood in a nice light cream sauce over linguini hit the spot. Salad again was fresh and crisp. Martini selection is nice with top shelf spirits. Wine selection is a little limited for a place of this caliber. Bottled beer only. Portions are not large which is to be expected for this type of place. Bathroom is a little cramped would be my only complaint. This is the most expensive place in town so be prepared.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I ate at Steventon's on Valetine's day and loved our meal. We went back a few weeks later and ordered the same meals and they were horrible. My Salmon and her Chicken dish were overcooked! The service was extremely slow.