“Nice rooms and very friendly!”

Super 8 Le Claire/Quad Cities
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Le Claire
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Nice rooms and very friendly!”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Was in town for a funeral, people were very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Would definitely recommend it to friends and family. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ishpeming, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was a little hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews but I had already made reservations so I decided to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised and certainly did not experience any of the bad things some others complained about. My room was very clean and larger than the rooms in most other Super 8s I have stayed at. The staff was extremely nice and helpful and my room was cleaned as expected each day. I noticed nothing dirty or messy about the rest of the hotel either--inside or outside--and would definitely stay here again. In fact I did already. I returned this way heading home from my trip and stayed two more nights without any problems or complaints. My room the second stay was slightly smaller I believe but still very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this Super 8 in May 2010 and had a very nice stay. Our room was very close to the front desk on this trip and was clean and quiet. The young women at the front desk we encountered were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was your basic fare, and the coffee was terrible, but it is what one expects for this type of service. We needed to return a few weeks later (as our son attended a local college and played a sport we drove in to see) and we once again booked a night stay. We asked for a discount (as we felt we might stay each weekend we were in the area for college things we would be attending. They gave us $10 off, which we were happy to get. We were excited to have found a possible "regular" place to stay.

On our second trip we brought our small dog (she is very quiet and we kept her with us at all times). The last stay we were in the same wing, but this time we were put in a room closer to the end of the hall. I am sure this was a designated "pet" room, but it seemed clean and quiet. I need to preface this by saying the morning we left for this trip, I gave my dog her monthly heartworm pill and applied her monthly Interceptor (for fleas and ticks). None of the dogs we have ever owned have ever had any kind of "cooties."

I checked the sheets before I got in them,... looked clean. My husband and I slept in separate beds (and he slept with the dog) as we do at home...he snores and wakes me up. During the night I became very itchy, waking me up a few times. No bugs I could see. My husband and the dog were fine (still wonder if I had not given her the meds that day if they too would have been bitten). I took some Benedryl and went back to sleep, thinking it may have been mosquito bites.

When we arrived home I discovered very tiny, white insects came with us. We have never experienced anything like this before, and have stayed many places over the years. I purchased "bug bombs" to set off in the bedroom, and washed all of the clothing we had taken with us. It took us a a month of trying different "remedies" and incurring a great deal of expense trying to get rid of these "no see ums."

We are quite disappointed at this discovery. We like the area, and up until this weekend had planned on continuing to stay here, but certainally cannot recomend this place. When I contacted the management, I was sent a %50 off cupon for our next stay, and basically was told I had no proof my story was true. I really had no reason to lie to the man. Just wanted to make him aware of the problem.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CT2426
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. We were there for a long term stay, about a week and a half. We paid up front in cash, with a reciept stating that we were paid in full. They explained to us that we would not get our money back if we left early, so we had to stay until our check out date that was also stated on our receipt, otherwise we would have left. The day we were packing up to leave and drive 20 hours home, they tried to say we owed more money, which we did not, and the front desk clerk began yelling at us, while ignoring other customers. I explained to her that we were paid up, we have a receipt, and so on. This incident just added to the number of things wrong with this hotel. They do not offer a laundry facility, they charge for a safe daily even if you dont use it, the hotel was not clean, and the employees were rude and lazy. They did jig zaw puzzles and were knitting the whole time they were working. They did not clean our room one time we were there, by law a hotel is required to come in every 3 days which they failed to do. We took out our own laundry, trash to the dumpster, we had to get our own towels, tissues, and toilet paper. We looked at the breakfast every morning and noticed that the same old food was used day after day for over 7 days; the same milk, hard boilded eggs, breakfast burrittos, and bread items that had been cut in half by other customers. My daughter, myself, and my two dogs became ill for 3 days towards the end of our stay. The garbage outside of the back door was not taken out, and began stacking up. (I have pics) There was a layer of bugs 2 feet wide a foot and a half long and 2 inches thick in front of the back door, the bugs covered the entire entrance, so it was not accessible. The bugs would then die and they were swept into the grassy area next to the door; the bugs inside the door were just left there, it was really gross looking at piles of dead bugs. Many times this door was a fire hazard because it would not open from the inside, no matter how hard you pushed or how many times you hit the exit button it would not open. It was a scary thought if there ever was a fire. I know super 8 hotels are not perfect, but when you are paying that much to stay somewhere for a long period of time, it would have been nice to get a clean room or friendly customer service. The rooms are big and all but it was not worth it. I highly recommend the Ramada in Bettendorf, Iowa. I have pictures of the super 8 that I will add later from my desktop.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank luvlexismarie
Holland, Ohio
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We booked this for the night before a Twilight Mississpi cruise. We were driving from NW Arkansas, a 10-hr drive, and wanted a motel close to the boat landing. The 'special' rate quoted for the Twilight was $70.19, same as the `AAA rate. The property is basic, no amenities, no elevator. Check-in was performed by a very bored clerk. Room was basic.
We skipped the 'breakfast area' the next morning - the 3-4 tiny tables were occupied, not even the coffee looked tempting & we wanted to check out (no express checkout here). Our departure was delayed by a desk error with another guest (not his fault-they charged him 2x). Soon a line formed by guests checking out to get to the Twilight landing. When we finally checked out our bill had a $1.00 charge for the Safe which we did not use. In consideration of the fellow Twilight guests behind us we did not dispute the charge, though we did discuss it with other guests on the Twilight. We contacted the GM via e-mail about this charge and have had no response. If the motel wants an extra $1.00 BUILD IT INTO THE ROOM RATE and advertise a free safe! Just annoying. But the Twilight Cruise was wonderful, do it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RFord
Wausau
Reviewed June 22, 2008

We spent a night at this Super 8 with 5 other couples prior to a 2 day Mississippi River cruise which left from down town LeClaire, IA, which is only a mile or so from the motel. This Super 8 was probably the nicest Super 8 we have stayed at. It is located on a hill over looking the Mississippi River adjacent to a Comfort Inn. There is a Mc Donald’s located just down the hill. They were real accommodating and help to our group. The room we were in had 2 double beds, a small refrigerator and microwave, with windows that open and the motel was clean and in good repair. The motel is 2 stories with no elevator or pool. The continental breakfast was basic with bagels, toast, cereal, coffee and milk in a small dining area with about 6 tables adjacent to the front desk. Of the 3 motels in LeClaire this was the most reasonable and a good value.

• Liked — Value in the area
  • Disliked — No elevator, pool or hot tub
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Been to Super 8 Le Claire/Quad Cities? Share your experiences!