“Lucky golfers”

Add it.
The Black Watch Room
Ranked #23 of 25 Restaurants in Le Claire
Cuisines: British
Description: Restaurant at the Pebble Creek gold course.
Description: Restaurant at the Pebble Creek gold course.
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife's sister related never having a bad meal here...she was right! From the great drinks to the piping hot bread to our tasty,well presented entrees to the view of the course.....terrific! The manager even stopped by to check on us. Only minor criticisms..no one asked if we wanted a salad, and the dessert menu was limited.....give them a try, I would be surprised if you are disappointed!

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I've eaten here a couple of times, the last being a year ago. I enjoyed the food both times and the portions were so generous, I took plenty home.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stopped here based on the stellar Yelp reviews, and immediately recognized it as a vaguely desperate attempt at an upscale restaurant out of any appropriate context, as exemplified by the outdoor patio overlooking the 'scenic' view of the mostly-green golf course and the brand-new subdivision houses.

The menu for lunch has almost no vegetarian options, and even the meat options are heavy on the beef and pork. Luckily, (or so I thought), there was an open-faced portabello mushroom sandwich on the menu. I ordered it.

It's my understanding that a sandwich involves some kind of carbohydrate component. How deluded I've been! This dish was a tiny, burned-up portabello mushroom with jarred roasted red peppers on it, topped with grilled asparagus and pepper jack cheese. The cheese had obviously been hot and melted at one point, but had re-frozen into a gummy dairy blanket on the once-innocent vegetables beneath it. The "totties" were no better, which our waittress promised were "better than french fries." Try-- an unappetizing version of homemade potato chips with inconsistent thicknesses and levels of floppiness versus crispness. My mom ordered the turkey reuben sandwich, which had also evidently been sitting out for awhile after it was first made.

But the most egregious aspect of the meal was the visible caking of salt over both of our entire dishes. Everything on my plate was only made edible by brushing off the crystals of salt that burned my tongue with every bite. I choked down every ounce of the overpriced, miniscule lunch-- then filled up on baby carrots in the car!

3  Thank ajhorse21