“Wonderful atmosphere and food”
Review of Crane & Pelican

Crane & Pelican
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Le Claire
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Classy comfort food served in an 1851 River boat Captain's home.
Mn.
“Wonderful atmosphere and food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped for lunch and were awed by the beautiful building and its great many mantels. Great eye candy while u eat. Food was spectacular with a nice varied menu. Worth a stop.

Streator, Illinois
“A great place”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on the word of a shopkeeper. I had the Cranberry hummus with veggies, one of thier starters, and my husband had thier. sawyer burger with slaw. We were extremely happy with the food and service. Being able to look out on the Mississippi was an added bonus. Yes, we will stop there again when we are near here.

Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Outstanding food, service and view.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Plan to include this restaurant when in LeClaire. You will not be disappointed. The menu will offer various selections. We had the Sawyer hamburger that was great

East Moline, Illinois
“Awesome food”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place (former house of a river captain) has some of the best food I have ever tasted, it also supports local farmers, Steak was awesome! vegetables were great, and the atmospher was very nice!

Maryland
“Quaint & Cozy”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Beautiful interior. Even the Woman's bathroom is beautiful! I ordered the Gouda Cheese Soup. Very yummy. They served it with packaged Oyster Crackers, with such a cute, quaint and a bit on the elegant side I was surprised that is was plain old Oyster Crackers, even the Westminster Bakers Oyster Crackers would have been an improvement. From an elegant place like this, I would expect homemade bread to come with my soup. I am a soup person, I was disappointed again with getting a regular table spoon for my soup, again a cute, quaint, classy restaurant should have "soup spoons". My son's hamburger was tasty, but that presentation was lacking. Sort of looked like someone ran out of ground beef. A local person had raved about the place, "oh be sure to save room for their delicious desserts". We ordered the lemon cake with raspberry filling, way TOOOOO sweet.