“German Food on the River”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bier Stube

Bier Stube
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Le Claire
Cuisines: German, Bar, Pub, American, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morrow, Ohio
“German Food on the River”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Waitress was great, food was good but that night they were having trouble with kitchen issues. Our food came out lukewarm. The management did visit our table and did their best to correct the issue. We were offered free desserts for our party of 8 for our inconvenience. The dessert was very yummy!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dna6868

Roscoe, Illinois
“Glad we found this Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our hotel recommended this place. It was great! German themed with a wide variety of beers and food. Nice deck overlooking the Mississippi river. Service was quite good. When in LeClaire IA don't miss stopping here!

Visited July 2013
Erie, Illinois
“A good meal experience, unless they are busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a number of times over the last couple years. We have always had great service and great food- except on the occasions when they are busy. For some reason the staff of this place just seems to come undone under pressure. If you want to check this place out, I would recommend not coming on the weekend. Come on a weeknight for dinner and enjoy yourself!

• Visited July 2013
“Bad service-- over and over and over”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place has somewhat good food, and some nice beers as well. However, the service ruins it every time we eat here (which is usually when we are starving and dont want to leave our smallish town or very late at night when nothing else nearby is open).

Last time we were in, we waited what seemed like forever for drink refills, and ketchup... basic components of good service and a dining experience. The staff must have been near a shift change at that time, because the assistant manager or manager was sitting at the end of the bar with 2 employees--talking about all kinds of inappropriate things within ear shot of us and other customers. We ate the Hindenburgers last time. They were okay, but the bacon was really hard and the meat tasted like a frozen patty (although sizable, yes).

Going forward to the more recent time we ate there, our server was the manager--she approached our table with a phone on her ear and proceeded to finish her conversation at the end of our table. Then she took our order, brought our drinks, and we did not see her again until our food was ready. The beer that she brought me was not cold, more luke-warm than anything. We had also ordered salads to be brought out before the meal (which are a 1.50 upcharge), and they were brought out about 2 minutes before our entrees, about 20 minutes later. I'm not sure how long they sat in the window before they were brought out. The salads were pretty small. 2 minutes later, our entrees were delivered. I had one of the german dishes, which I thought was delicious--really, the only redeeming part of the experience and my friend had a Bierstube burger. The burger was nothing special, but my friend reported that it was "okay."

Then the check was delivered and our server disappeared again, to the point where we had to bring our check and payment to another person at the bar for it to be taken care of. I wanted to put all of this on the survey that is offered at the bottom of their receipt, to give THEM the feedback, but was unable to do so because of some glitch in the system that kept on saying that I left my customer # blank, even though it was filled in.

If you are not from the area, I would recommend venturing a little further up the road to some of the other restaurants LeClaire has to offer.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, IL
“Typical German restaurant/bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Food just so-so but mustard was excellent. Potato salad left a lot to be desired and the sausages were typical of every German restaurant.

Visited June 2013

Been to Bier Stube? Share your experiences!