All reviews new forest golf course golf club lovely hotel evening meal high standard bar area the pub my partner toast afternoon tea full english car park golf break bar staff pudding excellent food
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

We were two couples away for a couple of days of country walks, good food and relaxed environment to stay with a little dog, who was genuinely accepted. The Bell ticked all boxes. Wonderfully polite and friendly reception, a comfortable room provided with a dog mat and water bowl already in the room on arrival. The bar, where we ate provided a ambient environment to eat excellent food. We had a fabulous two day stay in the beautiful New Forest despite the changeable weather. Many thanks. We will be back

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

The food at The Bell Inn was outstanding, however the service was disappointing and slow, and needs some improvement to match the standard of the food which was a real shame. Location is a perfect destination in the New Forest!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Friendly team at this hotel, standards are high, room was clean and modern. Bar area cosy with a log fire. Popular with dog owners who can eat in the bar area with their dogs. I’m not easily impressed with restaurant food, but this was excellent. Had the vegetarian (unusually) gnocchi which was a taste sensation and very well presented.

Recommended and I would book again

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2019

What a little gem The Bell Inn is. I booked for boxing day lunch with a friend. It was the first visit for both of us. The Bell Inn is a hotel/restaurant with a bar area. As I had my dog with me we were seated in the bar, which was a lovely warm cosy area. As you enter The Bell Inn, first impressions are how cosy and quaint it is. As we entered the bar area, the first thing we saw was a family sat playing Board Games. What a lovely setting to sit and have quality family time together. The food was outstanding. Both my steak and my friends burger were cooked to perfection and the frites were best I have ever tasted. Our desserts were equally as delicious The Bell also has a golf course in its grounds so would be the perfect venue for a golfing weekend stay away. I would highly recommend The Bell as a perfect forest retreat, or lunch/dinner time venue.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Firstly we would like to thank Mark Pinn and the team at The Bell for making our wedding day absolutely wonderful. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them and their attention to detail was second to none.
The hotel was the perfect setting for our wedding, we had booked the hotel for the exclusive use of our guests and it went beyond our expectations in every way possible.
The menu that we chose met our guests requirements including those with special dietary needs: nothing was a problem for the chef and the kitchen team. Our guests were highly complementary of the food saying it was the best they had experienced at a wedding and complimented the kitchen. All of our guests also complimented us on everything they experienced during our stay at The Bell.
The accommodation at the hotel was outstanding, all of our guests enjoyed their stay and many are looking to return.
Overall we can only say how wonderful our wedding experience at The Bell has been and we would highly recommend the venue to all couples looking for an intimate and very personal wedding experience.

Jedd and Neil