“2 night golf break with group of 8” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brook
CROYDON
“2 night golf break with group of 8”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Super little hotel - very clean, friendly, nice staff and a lot of little extra touches. Great location and so easy to get to and find. Good quality food, although the slightly inferior meal and slow service on the second night indicated that the Chef may have had the night off. Only played the Manor Course (twice), which was interesting, easy walking and in good nick.

Nice to stay at a smaller hotel where you don't have to walk 1/2 mile to your room. Will definitely return for another similar break

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - all we had was a flat roof!
3 Thank PETER B
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Peter B,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much you are already talking about the next one. I strongly believe that every one should receive the high quality of food and service we aim to deliver regardless who is working. This was not the case on your second night stay and we are looking at the causes in order that such incident does not reoccur. Hopefully this will be resolved by the time you return.

Didier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Brockenhurst, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Having heard great reviews my friend and I decided to meet at The Bell Inn's bar/restaurant. I was disappointed to find out there were no salads on the main meal menu (these days even cheap pubs offer salads) so I asked for a big side salad instead. In the end I had to order another salad as the first one one was too small so I had to have two starters. It could have been a misunderstanding. My friend ordered a starter and a desert. Compliments to the chef - the food looked and tasted lovely! The service was really below standard though! Although the restaurant was not full we waited ages to be served, one of the staff forgot his smile at home and did not know the basics as he wanted to take my second little salad away although the cutlery was positioned apart to indicate I would continue eating. Well, I just waited for my friend to attract attention to get her desert ordered and served so that we could eat together.

One of the waiters was trying hard to keep the visitors happy, he just lacked proper training. The other waiter on the other hand lacked the basics, did not pay any attention and literally did not care. I have not experienced such ignorance for a long time.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Kamila R,
We did not use to offer a salad on our main menu this is correct. However since your visit we have tried an asparagus salad on our specials board that has proved to be so popular it is now part of our A La Carte offering.
Regarding the poor service you received I can only apologize and guarantee you that our standards are normally much higher than that as many other reviews on this site show. The mistake regarding trying to clear your plate as you are still eating has highlighted that not all our service staff have not got the same level of experience or skills and training needs are being re assessed and dealt with.

I hope you will carry on hearing great reviews about us and decide in the future to try us again.

isle of wight
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Last year my wife underwent brain surgery to remove a tumour. She is not able to commit to a "holiday" at present, so we are making short breaks to nice hotels. Most of them have been booked through Travelzoo. I am now catching up with the reviews on Tripadvisor.

We stayed at the Bell on 2 December 2012. The meal was fantastic. although a little slow in the serving it was well worth waiting for. Our room was huge with great views. We woluld definately stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank plumpet
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Plumpet,

Thank you for having taken the time to post this review on tripadvisor. I hope your wife makes a full recovery from the operation and that we have the pleasure to welcome you in the future.

All the best

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had our wedding reception at the Bell in early April this year. Every thing went smoothly, with absolutely no problems what so ever. Sally, was extremely helpful throughout the whole planning process, we chose the menu, the chef did the rest, and to the mormal high standard expected at the Bell.
The oak room was set up and decorated just how we had asked. The drinks were waiting for us on arrival, the food was on time, and we even had parking reserved for us right outside the front door!
As regulars both my wife and I had no hesitation in booking the Bell for our big day and we not left feeling disappointed.
We also stayed the night in the hotel, nice size room, beautifully furnished, large, modern bathroom with plenty of toiletries.
An excellent choice all round. Thanks Sally and your team for all the hard work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tajandmark
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Tajandmark,

I normally start by thanking people for having taken the time to post a review on tripadvisor following their visit to the Bell Inn. On this occasion I would like to thank you first of all for having chosen to spend such an important day with us. Of course I am deeply grateful for your glowing review. I have passed your compliments also to Sally who is obviously very pleased that we delivered exactly what you wanted. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again before your first anniversary.

If I can ad just one more thing:

Congratulations from all of us and our best wishes for the future.

Verbier, Valais, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having not been to the Bell since November as I had been away I heard they had a new chef and I was so excited about trying their new menu. Lets say I was not disappointed. On arrival I noticed that they had re-decorated the entrance and the whole concept worked so well. After spending a while looking at menu as it all looked amazing I went for the scotch egg and salad and it was just perfect. I then followed it up with the Lamb and Ketchup and again the food was amazing so not normal being a pudding man i took the plunge and went for the orange and blueberry which again was probably one of the best puddings I have had in a long time. Its the fair to say that the food at the Bell keeps on getting better and if you have never eaten their you are really missing out. I am already planning my next trip back with some friends from France as i know they will love the wine list. Thank you again for such a great evening and I cant wait to explore the menu more.

3 Thank ChrisS638
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Chris S,

Thank you very much for such a complimentary review. I am delighted that you like our redecorated reception area. I have passed your comments to the kitchen team and they want me to express their gratitude to you for using such kind words as 'best pudding I have had in a long time'.
You also mention that your friends from France whom you will bring along next time will love the wine list. Being French myself I obviously take wine seriously. We have had some additions made to the list with a couple more champagnes, a Corbieres, a Montagne Saint Emilion and there are still more to come....

Obviously we still also offer wines from many other countries, being from the old and new World.

We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Newbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in March as part of a group of 12 golfers. Rooms were very good and breakfast was excellent.
Had one problem with an evening meal but that was sorted out quickly, professionally and to everyones satisfaction.
Would use again.
PS both golf courses are very goods as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob P
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Bob P,

I am pleased to see that you found your stay with us at The Bell Inn very good. Having two golf courses, one of which just across the car park is certainly a big attraction for some of our visitors. We are also in the heart of the beauty that is the New Forest.
Other people find our proximity to Paulton's Park a reason to stay here.
I hope we get opportunity to welcome you again, for a golf break or any other reason.

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were delighted with our nights stay at the Bell Inn. We arrived in the afternoon we were allocated a really nice room .Then we went to the restaurant and had a delicious cream tea. The hotel is on the edge of the New Forest a lovely location. We enjoyed a stroll and saw the ponies at the edge of the forest which was lovely.We later had a superb meal in the restaurant. The staff were all really friendly and polite and made the stay really enjoyable. The breakfast next morning was first class too. We will definately stay there again and would highly recommend the hotel. It also has golf course . Can't rate this hotel highly enough excellent value .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tooting girl
Didier C, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Tooting Girl,
I am also delighted that you had such a good time with us at the Bell Inn. I have already passed your comments to the team who join me in thanking you for having taken the time to write those words. Constructive criticism is good and necessary for the product we offer to be improved, however I must admit such a complimentary review is also very much appreciated.

Didier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brook
The Crown Manor House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Burley
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Woodlands

Been to The Bell Inn? Share your experiences!