“Complimentary Deluxe King Room, complementary dinner at Ruthie's and fabulous music in the Event's Center!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Larchwood
Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larchwood
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is by far the best New Year's Eve experience I have ever had and I have been around for more than five decades. Our room was beautiful, with comfortable beds, nice pillows and a lovely balcony overlooking the pool area and the golf course. Of course, it is winter here, so we didn't spend much time on the balcony, but we looked out the ceiling to floor windows and imagined the fun we are going to have next summer on the new golf course and poolside. The dinner at Ruthie's was as delicious as always. The GRAND FINALE was attending the NYE party at the EVENT'S CENTER. The music was wonderful and the complementary champagne at midnight was a very nice end to 2013 and beginning of 2014! This is why Grand Falls is our "get away" of choice. They know how to do it right!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on poolside have a beautiful view. We didn't use the spa or have breakfast this trip.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dabooklady
GFCR, Front Office Manager at Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I cannot emphasize enough how honored we are to hear that your time with us on New Year’s Eve was the best yet! It is reassuring to know that your experiences in the hotel and at Ruthie’s continue to meet your expectations. We are all very excited for the opening of our 18-hole golf course later this summer and we hope you and your clubs are ready for the challenge! Hopefully year-after-year we can continue to add to our New Year’s Eve party and make each experience better than the last for you!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dickinson, North Dakota
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night to relax & gamble. We had a nice room with a balcony overlooking pool area. We enjoyed the hot tub which half is inside and half outside with huge flame torches to set the mood at night. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom had a nice walk in shower but the hot water never got real hot? We won a little in the Casino :) Staff & Security were nice & helpful. Would diffinitly stay here again!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you providing us with such favorable input from your recent stay at Grand Falls! Hopefully you have a chance to stay in one of our Grandview rooms during the summer season; the view is even more spectacular with the addition of the cabanas, outdoor pool, fountains, water fall, and golf course. I apologize that the water was not hot enough in the shower during your stay. Should you encounter this problem on a future stay, please advise the Front Desk staff and they will alert our Maintenance Department promptly. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to have you back to Live It Up again!

Okoboji, Iowa
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had a very nice overnight at Grand Falls. We ate at Ruthie's bar. Service was great and food and drinks were excellent. Thanks James! Even won while playing the slots! Our room was a nice surprise. Walked in to find a two room suite. Quiet and comfortable. Would have enjoyed the balcony if it had been warmer than 10 degrees outside! Enjoyed the fireplace instead. We'll be sure to come back whenever we're in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GFCR, Front Office Manager at Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for providing us with such wonderful input from your recent stay at Grand Falls! The two balconies are a wonderful feature on our Grandview Two Room Suite. Glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the fireplace instead during the inclement weather. I will be sure pass along your praise to the Food and Beverage department, as well as James, for a job well done. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back as a guest during your next visit to the area!

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room was nice and clean however there is no water pressure in the shower at all! The pillows on the bed are in dire need of being replaced. My neck hurt so bad from the worn out lumpy pillows made for a bad Sunday! The price of the room is way out of line considering you are pumping money in there machines as well. I don't gamble so they didn't get anymore out of me! The buffet is way over priced! It is not that good. The pizza bland, mac and cheese mushy non cheese flavor, turkey not ham on a breakfast buffet? Hello?! It is horrible!

Room Tip: I think all the room are pretty much the same unless you get a suite which I looked in and it didn...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank c1angel
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I apologize that the amenities in the hotel room did not meet your expectation. Many guests appreciate our walk-in showers; should we be alerted to an issue with them (temperature, pressure, etc.) we do send our Maintenance Technicians to the room to address the problem promptly. We offer two variations of pillows in our rooms - a soft and medium fill - to provide our guests with options. We have a variable rate structure based on the demand for rooms, often resulting in higher rates on Saturday evenings, especially when we have entertainment in our Show Lounge and Events Center. As a benefit to our active Resort Club members, incentives are sent out monthly that include valuable Hotel offers. I have passed your comments about the buffet to our Food and Beverage Director so that he may work with this team on improving the offerings and food quality in this outlet.

Custer, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife, daughter and grandson and I stayed one night. My wife is disabled and we had one handicap accessible room. Distance from the check in area to the hotel rooms is a long way. The check in area could be moved to another area to be more convenient for people with walking difficulties. The room was small for four people. The handicap shower area was great but it took forever for the water to reach a comfortable temperature. They charge 10 BUCKS to get wifi per day. My grandson was pretty disappointed. Every other motel I've stayed at provides free wifi. The outdoor pool was closed and you must bring towels from your room into the pool area. Expect a nasty note describing what will happen if you don't bring back your room towels after using the pool. The front desk staff were friendly. The luggage carts for hauling your suitcases are stored near the main casino entrance. So therefore to use them upon departure you have to take the long trec from the room to the storage area, then return the long trec to the room to load and then again back to the main entrance so you can load you car. Poor design that could easily be rectified by stroring half the carts near the hotel rooms. There appeared to be plenty of room for storage of the carts at the concert hall entrance. Overall the beds were comfortable and the rooms quiet. If I was to stay again, I'd get two rooms.

Room Tip: Be prepared to do lots of walking
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Philip G
GFCR, Front Office Manager at Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay with us and hopefully by providing you with some information you will choose to be our guests again. I am glad that you found the beds comfortable and rooms quiet, but I do apologize for the water in the shower heating slowly. I have alerted our Maintenance department and the issue will be corrected. Guest satisfaction was our goal in the design of Grand Falls Casino Resort, but that does result in some distance between the Front Desk and the Hotel rooms. The Hotel placement allows for excellent views of our waterfalls, outdoor pool area, and our 18-hole golf course that is on schedule to open next summer. We do have wheelchairs for guest use at Valet and 24-hour complimentary bellhop service available. We also would be happy to deliver a luggage cart to your room if you prefer not to utilize the bellhop service. I do apologize that the outdoor pool season (open Memorial Day to Labor Day) had commenced prior to your stay. As a benefit to our guests, we do provide luxurious pool towels in the room and additional towels will be provided by contacting the Front Desk. I am unsure as to the “note” that you received, but we do have signage provided in each room indicating our policy on this. I thank you for your input on your stay, and through ongoing training with my staff I hope to improve on communication with our guests to make the stay more enjoyable.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Larchwood hotels

Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This resort consistently delivers! Service in all areas is awesome. The rooms are amazing, and the food is delicious, no matter where you get it. The boutiques are worth a look and the staff in them is very nice and helpful. Occasionally I even win on the machines.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get the grandview room, nice view and a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meandmytreasures
We are pleased to hear that we are meeting your expectations at Grand Falls Casino Resort! I am glad to hear that you enjoy the Grandview rooms and the experience that is afforded with the balcony upgrade. Everyday there is progress being made on our Rees Jones designed golf course, which is certain to add to the scenery from the balcony! We look forward to having you back as our guest on your next visit to the area!

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The rooms are just OK.
The soap in shower makes you feel as though your oily and the oil is not removable no matter how much you try to rinse it off.
The shampoo is scented rosemary- great for women perhaps but not all.

There is no venting of shower available thus all is steamed up and grooming via mirror not possible. -Talked to front desk about this and requested that the Manager be notified and instead was told that they will let maintenance know. Makes one wonder what information is actually being given to management.

Towels felt like stiff cardboard.
Coffee in room Kona blend only, which is not a preference of mine.
Only has a one-sided elevator thus quite a long walk to your room if you are placed in a room at the end of the corridor not near the elevator. Very poor design for disabled persons.

Attempted buffet for breakfast and found that there are not enough people to either seat you (which is apparently a requirement) or let you seat yourself. -This also caused others in line to wait to pay and be seated, time consuming and somewhat frustrating for those who may have a tight schedule especially in the morning.

The napkins had a fork and butter knife yet no spoon for coffee, when I requested one the person who seats you, who also doubled as a room server, table clearer, and coffee runner, said some spoons should be on the serving line but would get me one.
However, this person was also cleaning up tables and passed by twice without the spoon promised. I went to look for one myself and found soup spoon were the only type of spoons available.

The cook who was making omelets on the grill was quite busy as I wanted to get some bread, which was gone from the bread dispenser, to perform the self-toasting. Thus, I could not ask the obviously too busy cook and as mentioned above I already had one request forgotten (coffee spoon) by the room person/server.

The room person /server/bus person was running all the way to the back to get coffee from who knows where. I think placing an coffee urn out for self-service would had done nicely instead.

There were home fries available though they had either bologna or sausage in them and I did not appreciate that and would prefer to have home fries without them included.

The fruit was a mix of melons that I found had the hard rind included and was tough to chew.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
14 Thank MrReview671
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larchwood
Super 8 Sioux Falls
Best Western Empire Towers
Best Western Empire Towers
#9 of 52 in Sioux Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls Downtown

Been to Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!