“Great Hotel and casino Close to Sioux Falls”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Larchwood
Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larchwood
Ankeny, Iowa
“Great Hotel and casino Close to Sioux Falls”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had a training ut on here and the staff and location was great. The rooms in the hotel were first class. In talking with some of the sales staff it seems to be full on the weekends. I was there on a Monday so I had to settle for the buffet but it was very good. The only thing I don't like is that the bar has those regulators for pouring mixed drinks.

Room Tip: Book early for weekend visits
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank cropsclone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hutchinson, Minnesota
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We were booked into the casino for a business trip and while the it looked great, we found the hotel poor for business setting. All of our group with different carriers lost cell phone service inside the hotel and the casino. We needed to walk outside 40 feet to follow up on business calls. They do not have free wi-fi and charged $9.95 per day, meaning it cost $19.90 for one night stay.
The room had a large window between the beds and the bathroom. Even though it was frosted most of the way up, it was uncomfortable that I could see my business partner's head as he showered and could see his shadow through the frosted glass. This may have been great for me and my wife, but not in a business setting.
The beds were very hard and made sleeping difficult for me as I am used to a softer bed.
I could not buy a drink for my friend, even though he was in the casino with me, he was not at the bar with me.
The casino is out in the middle of no where with nothing else to do so you are forced to use their restaurants. The only option for breakfast is the buffet, not even able to purchase an OJ or coffee.
The employees were helpful when we had an opportunity and are the only reason I did not rate lower.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
13 Thank Scott S

Travelers are raving about these Larchwood hotels

Luverne, Minnesota
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times and played about 6 times. The 2 times I stayed here the rooms were fantastic, nice and new! I liked all the modern amenities in the room, the pool was nice. Staff not so great, they seemed like they didn't want to be there. I live very close to this casino and when I have family in town I would put them up here, if the staff was better! The food is not good. I was excited to have something close to home but each of the restaraunts is very bland and very very expensive. $20/plate for a buffet that doesnt' have that much on it. The steakhouse is nice but very small portions for the amount of money I paid. Now the casino. I frequent many many casinoes all around the country and this is the worst. It looks nice and big but on most nights good luck on even getting to play blackjack or other table games. I can typically sit down with $50 and play blackjack for several hours. The first time I played $5 a hand and lost 10 in a row, I was done for the night!! The next time I made it about 20 minutes before I was down $50. The rest of the time I play about 13 hands and lose $50 so I stopped going there. They use the automatic shuffler and it appears to be about 4 decks (could be wrong). I tried some slots one time and put in a $20 bill and played 50 cents a pull, 1 pull resulted in a $1 gain, the rest were gone. Very tight slots and table games that you can't win on don't make me want to come back. The food isn't good and the staff isn't that nice. "Rumor" is they pay slightly above minimum wage for all their positions so I can understand the employees not wanting to go the extra mile when the casino doesn't do that for them. I have never seen a casino floor manager walking around, other casinos they usually try to talk to most people!

Room Tip: Go to Wild Rose
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
19 Thank JackC48
Mandan, North Dakota
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Brand new casino on the corner of South Dakota and Iowa. This casino is worth checking out. The slots are tight; but let face it most are, just need to find the right one. Casino floor is well lite and the ambiance is conducive to the Las Vegas style. Yes:like another reviewer said you can not carry two drinks or get doubles or long pours, seem like a real dumb rule. Not sure why you would make a rule like that. They should change it. Some of us like to bring drinks to our partners playing on the floor with us. That’s were the Las Vegas style leaves. The room was comfortable inviting and spacious the design was modern and the bed was wonderful. We dined at Ruthie’s. The food was great and the service was outstanding. The wine menu was good for high end bottles low end could use some work. The glassware used for wines and drinks was not the cheap stuff. Will return again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ccech
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I've been there twice hoping for a different experience the second time. The first time I went was for a bachelor party and was treated very poorly. Was not able to purchase two drinks even when the second one was for another person. The friend that was not drinking was denied onto the casino floor about 11:00 P.M. because he "wouldn't be legally able to drive." The lady argued for 20 minutes and threatened to call the police. By midnight we were all told to leave, even the parents, because we were taking up the tables. Bachelor party does sound bad but it was the bachelor, 4 friends, and his parents and none of us are big drinkers. I thought my second experience would be better because it was just me and my wife for our aniversary. I was unable to purchase a drink for myself and my wife because of the same rule of no more then one drink. After an hour in the casino we went to eat supper and then were denied onto the casino floor because we "had enough for one night." The "enough" the guard was talking about was 2 beers for myself and a water for my wife. It was a nice place but very disapointed by everything else. Would not recommend unless you plan on using the resort just for a place to sleep.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Griffin D
Minnesota
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We went for a girls weekend to see Bobby Vinton. This was my first visit as well as the first for my aunts. My mom had been there before. We arrived after driving down from the Twin Cities. We decided to valet park. The attendant was so nice and great sense of humor! Totally personable. He showed us where the hotel check in was because if you don't know where it is and you follow the overhead sign to hotel, you walk right past it. They could do better on the signage for that. But if you valet park, they will tell ya. If you park on your own, you'll miss it like my aunt did. We had a room on the first floor which was nice. But we were down in 147 and there was a reception going on so the hallway was noisy with kids running around. The rooms were really nice and the beds were really comfy. Loved the pillows! Easy check out in the morning. Casino is sooooo tiny for how many people are there. I gave up trying to find a machine to play on after the concert. It was packed and you couldn't get a game or walk around too easy. That was frustrating! There were the regular people, the folks from after the concert and people from the reception. Evidently it thinned out after midnight according to my mom, but by then I didn't feel like playing. So they definately lost money on me in that way since I wound up only gambling for maybe a half hour before we left. So I was definately happy in that I was coming home with money that I wasn't expecting to still have! Same with my 2 aunts, they got frustrated as well and really didn't play like usual either.
We ate dinner at the buffet. Food was very bland. I joked that maybe they did it that way that night since there were so many seniors there eating! My mom and I got sick from the ranch dressing. We figured that is what made us run to the bathroom since that is the only thing we ate that my aunts didn't. Once we get it all out of our system, we felt better. whew!!
Boutique had alot of fun clothes, but nothing that I was prepared to buy. Prices were pretty high. Gift shop was okay. I was totally wanting a Mt Dew and all they sell is coke products. Yuck for me. So I stuck with the free water from the casino. That was dissapointing that they gift shop only carried one brand. Every casino I have ever been to, they carry both. Oh well. Didn't eat at the cafe.
concert was really good and I would definately think of coming back to another concert there. We had 6th row seats on the end and they were fab! Didn't use the pool or weight room but I didn't check them out. Seemed nice.
Hotel room though could have been cleaned much better. Mirrors still had hand prints all over them so I'm pretty sure those were not cleaned before we got there and I didn't notice until the next morning that there was a big greasy head stain on the headboard on the other side of the bed! I know it wasn't mine since I didn't use that side of the bed. Only noticed it cuz of how the light hit in. So they need to scrub down the flat headboards. Tried taking a pic of it, but it didn't turn out on my phone. =(
Oh and cell service absolutely sucked from our room!! We have verizon and I could never get a signal to call out or text or check my emails or anything! Even in the hotel it was touch and go. Once we got to the parking lot, I tried using my navigation and it could not find a signal or anything. Finally we got service in Brandon. Thank god we rememebered how we got there!!
I say the value is average because I have stayed in much nicer rooms for less.
Sleep quality was very good cuz pillows rocked!
Cleanliness average cuz mirrors and headboard looked like it had never been wiped.
Location poor because my cell service was non-existant
Room very good because they were roomy.
did not use spa or have breakfast.

Room Tip: If you stay on first floor, middle rooms are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 4ThatLuv2Travel
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This poker room is very poorly run. They need to be consistant in the rules and have more training for the dealers. The drink service is lousy with a crazy set of rules too. Food at the cafe or buffet is mediocre at best. I am not impressed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank pugdogz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larchwood
Super 8 Sioux Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 53 in Sioux Falls

Been to Grand Falls Casino and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!