“Overbooks then cancels your reservation”
Review of Super 8 Lamoni IA

Super 8 Lamoni IA
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lamoni
SOLON
“Overbooks then cancels your reservation”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

In January 2011 we booked a room at this hotel for our college homecoming. Received a confirmation number and e-mail confirming that we had the room. 4 months later (in April), and after all our plans were made, the hotel called us telling us the room was overbooked due to a 'reservation system' error. I argued with the manager and he told me I could come on our scheduled date but that he WOULDN'T have a room for me. How can a hotel treat its guests like this?

Room Tip: Book at a non- Super 8 hotel
Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeisureTraveler100
LamoniSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Lamoni IA, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
We are very sorry for the inconvenience. It was a reservation system issue that over-booked this reservation as well as many other reservations for these dates at our property. Please try to understand, we did not even know of this problem. We were already full for this event before we even got to this year. We had our property closed for these dates, so we do not take any more reservation, but something went wrong with the computers. We started contacting the guests as soon as we found out of over-booking issue. We kindly requested the guest to relocate to another super 8 that is withing 15 to 20 minutes drive from our location, but it did not work out. We honestly let the guest know as soon as possible of this problem instead of waiting for the last minute and do not offer any other alternative. We are doing our very best on this issue, so that we do not run into same problem in the future. We are very sorry again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
sma0069
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Having missed the exit to Osceola, Iowa, we were beginning to worry about where we would spend an overnight on our journey to Oklahoma. Then, we came across this little gem in Lamoni, Iowa. Our room was immaculate, everything appeared to be new, and for just $68 It included a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and hair dryer, plus continental breakfast in the morning. Beds were comfortable, room was well-lit, and shower/tub was nicer than some that I've seen at more expensive hotels.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Super8_Lamoni, General Manager at Super 8 Lamoni IA, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I will share your kind feedback with our staff that makes us so special.
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I stopped here late at night I'd driven about as far as I was willing. I had not problems, no noise, no cleanliness issues, price was about what I'd expect. It was insanely hot outside so I was glad the AC was working. Really this place did not make a huge impression on me, positive or negative. All i needed was an air conditioned place to sleep, so it fit the bill.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
Thank you for feedback.

Been to Super 8 Lamoni IA? Share your experiences!