“Ok - but not quite what it used to be”

Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keokuk
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here for my class reunion over Labor Day weekend. This hotel used to be a 4 in my book but I could only give it a 3 this time. The good: we used points and had no issues with check-in or check-out. The kids had fun in the pool. Breakfast has a nice variety. The not-so good: the room smelled very musty like the air conditioner unit needs to either be replaced or have a serious cleaning. There was another family that was apparently having a family reunion and the front desk staff let them take over the entire breakfast area leaving "reserved" signs all over. My husband went down there to try and work on his laptop but came back to the room frustrated a short while later. Also, the rooms have new furniture to accomodate the flat screen tvs. However, that means you no longer have a long dresser on which to put stuff and there wasn't a fold-out luggage rack either. So your suitcases have to go on the floor which I find completely unacceptable.

We were back in town recently and ended up staying at a lower-priced "value" hotel across the street. As much as I like my Marriott points (and my kids like the pool), I will have to strongly consider staying at the other hotel next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
FFIEOKFIGM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are now in renovation and invite you to stay with us when you are in the Keokuk area again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great hot breakfast! Most hotels' hot breakfasts are only Belgian Waffles. This one had cheese omelets, bacon, breakfast sandwiches, along with waffles and all the other good stuff.
Very clean rooms. Helpful employees and fresh cookies at check in.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank whereintheworld2
FFIEOKFIGM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy you enjoyed your stay! We welcome you back when you are in the Keokuk area again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Of all the hotels I have stayed at I would say that this hotel for where the location is at is pretty good. I've stayed there the past couple of years and i felt it was very clean and pretty decent maid services......and I must say for average hotel free continental breakfast....the bisquits and sausage gravy is'nt bad. The pool area is clean and the pool area and spa are well heated.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
FFIEOKFIGM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Keokuk Fairfield Inn! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will be updating the property in very near future and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife, teenage daughter and I enjoyed our two night stay at this Fairfield Inn. It seems a bit older than some, but we were very satisfied. I give it three stars, but would add a plus. It is a solid mid-range hotel for a reasonable price. We stayed here in lieu of the high prices and lesser accommodation quality in Nauvoo, Illinois, which was our destination. It was a reasonable 20 minute drive to Nauvoo along the scenic Mississippi River. The staff here was very friendly. Our beds were comfortable. There was free WIFI - no password required. The continental breakfast was adequate with a waffle maker, sausage biscuits, fixings for an egg/bacon muffin, sweet muffins, cereal, some yogurt and fruit. Although Keokuk itself has scene better days and is in need of some serious urban renewal, this hotel is on the west side of town which is newer (relatively). It is located near a Walmart which did not seem very busy, and a number of fast food franchises, plus a local restaurant. The sink was separate from but adjacent to the bathroom and was limited on counter space. Other than that, the room was clean and of reasonable size. There was an indoor pool and hot tub which we did not use. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
FFIEOKFIGM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and invite you to stay with us if you are in the Keokuk IA area again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I wish there were a way to give 1/2 bubbles in the rating system, I would give this hotel a 3.5 out of 5. This was my first stay in Keokuk, we were staying there while we visited nearby Nauvoo, IL. As some of the other reviews have mentioned, the outside of the hotel is nothing particularly spectacular, but the inside was clean. Our room was clean and tidy, and I did not notice any strange odors. The beds were clean and everything in the room worked. The bathroom was clean and everything worked well in there as well. The hotel was very busy while we were there. Even with the full house, the staff was friendly, and seemed to be attentive. The breakfast area was a little too small for the hotel, but they did a good job of keeping breakfast well stocked. Another waffle maker or two would make a big difference. We used the pool and hot tub, which were both nice and in good working order. The room was a little more expensive than I thought it should be, compared to other places I have stayed with similar amenities. This hotel is overall a decent place to stay in Keokuk. We encountered no problems with our stay, and I would not have any reservations about staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
FFIEOKFIGM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and invite to stay with us again, if in the Keokuk area.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We travel to Keokuk every summer for the Thresher's Show and have always stayed at the Fairfield. Last year we noticed things had slipped some but this year...well things have slipped a lot. The first thing we noticed was the landscape...It has been a tough year in the Midwest, but not that tough. Lots of weeds and litter around the building. Check in went very well and had no problems. But the room was very musty smelling and she moved us to another room and it wasn't much better. No other rooms were available. The head housekeeper came up and talked to us and she told us to spray the filter in the air conditioner. She explained it has been so hot and humid and the units can't keep up. The spray worked for about 10 minutes and then it was musty again. She left the bottle with us and we used it a couple of times. We noticed the smell all night. The room was clean but it had that damp feel. The breakfast was very good and had lots of choices. Next year when we come back for the Thresher's Show we will make reservations at another hotel in Keokuk.

1  Thank Karen J
FFIEOKFIGM, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate knowing the guest perception of the hotel. We will take your comments to make our hotel a better place to stay.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Keokuk. I chose the Fairfield Inn because my niece and nephew were visiting and we wanted a pool. Plus it is newer than some of the other options in town so I expected it to be in better condition.

Check-in went very smoothly and the receptionist was friendly. Our room was clean. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The shower has good water-pressure. The wifi was good. We never swam in the pool because it was very crowded. The breakfast area was even more crowded the next morning. The selection was OK. It included grill-your own waffles and pastries.

It seems like all of the options in town are rather pricey for what you get. If you don’t mind driving an hour, you can get much nicer accommodations for a better price in Quincy or Burlington. However, assuming you want to stay in Keokuk, this is OK. You won’t be wowed but it is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate knowing how we are doing, good or bad.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keokuk
Hampton Inn Keokuk
Boulders Inn & Suites Fort Madison
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Fort Madison

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North? Share your experiences!