“Rooms superior to others priced comparably”

Baymont Inn & Suites Keokuk
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Keokuk
WASHINGTON
“Rooms superior to others priced comparably”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Room was equipped with cherry finished furniture that was very new looking. Had all the amenities ie: refrig, micro, coffee pot, ect. Linen was crisp and clean. My room was a king size bed that included a couch. I like to stretch out while lounging in my room so this was great! The bathroom was very clean and well maintained but was somewhat dated looking. (Didn`t bother me).The tv was a modern flat panel with excellent picture quality. I had a problem with the tv remote and reported it to the front desk.The manager personally came to my room and fixed the issue! Service is excellent. You can tell they are putting a high priority on service. Each employee was very polite and friendly. I like a quiet room.. I would suggest if you want a quiet night, request a room on the back side as the street traffic on the front side can be noisy. Continental breakfast is great. Many items to pick from as well as hot food items. One of the best I have had for being free. Very nice indoor pool and the exercise room equipment all worked properly. Lobby/lounge area is a nice place to unwind with a big screen TV. Internet connection and speed was great! That says a lot as many motel/hotels really suffer with this problem.. And during business trips, that is important!
This is one of my favorite places to stay and I stay at a lot of places throughout the year. This hotel just opened a few months ago under the Baymont name as I think it used to be a Holiday Inn Express. I would bet given some time it will be even better!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
PONTIAC
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Friends and I have stayed here several times. The rooms and bathrooms have always been clean. If any toiletries are forgotten, they are available by calling the staff. Plenty of pillows are provided. They continental breakfast offers more choices than some other places I've stayed. Sound proofing is good. If any one stayed in the adjoining rooms, we sure weren't aware of it. Staff is pleasant and efficient. When booking the room with the call center, the operator did all she could to help with organization discounts, which helped select this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

MELVIN
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The room was fine, could have been a little cleaner but overall not bad. Continental Breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

herrin
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed for a geode collecting trip. I was at first a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, however I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is older, and the remodeling has not completely covered up all of its age, however everything was clean and in order. I did not notice a musty odor in any area I was in. The beds were plush and comfy, with soft sheets and fluffy pillows. The shower had great water pressure.

The staff were the highlight here, I spoke with Kat on our first night and she gave me a rundown of all the best eateries, as well as helping me get in touch with the Tourism expert at the COC-who was able to offer some grade A geode finding advice!

The only real problem I had with the hotel was the door lock/key cards. I suppose they are out of date, but they only work about one shot in five, and it was frustrating to get into the room at times. Other guest I met in the hall had the same issues.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Upon entry, entire hotel hass a musty smell through.entire hotel. caroet in room felt spungy and moist. ac barely worked. room stayed hot the entire time i was there. breakfast was the same thing everyday. i know its free but would like something that at least had a taste to it. mold in my bathroom to. bed was about the only thing they had going for them.

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these Keokuk hotels

Normal
Reviewed June 16, 2012

New carpet is now in the lobby and breakfast area which is nice to see. I had the chance to see one of the remodeled rooms which looked nice which had a red wall behind the beds. The employees are as good as before and a new general manager started three months ago. The hallways and elevator no longer smell bad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Keokuk
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My stay was wondeful.staff was out this world.friendly staffs and housekeepers.what ever i needed they were right all over it.i was there for a funeral.they let my family come and chat with my family in the lobby.they didnt have to do that.prices was reasonable and for being a older hotel my stay was faboulis and the staff went and behond and maid me feel like i was part of the hotel family and i give them 2 thumbs up.and im going to make this a regular places to stay at..ill be heading back down there again in july and i cant wait.the lady at the front desk said they would be also slowly remodeling cant wait to see it looks like.
thanks for all your kindness and helpfull and thinking of me in my time of needs.

Room Tip: i got the room on the traffic side and i still slept like a baby.