“Clean and comfortable!”
Review of Hampton Inn Keokuk

Hampton Inn Keokuk
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Keokuk
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here one night because our son was substitute preaching at 2 local churches. We had read about the remodeling, but it certainly was not an issue. We found our room to be very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good - the ladies serving it were quite helpful!
Even though there was a wedding party at the hotel, it was quiet. I love the Hamton Inns, and I found this one to be as nice as others we have stayed in!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this information for us! We greatly apprecaite our guest feedback! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope if your son will be again substitute preaching in our area that you all will chose to stay with us, we would love to have you back!
Thank you again so very much, and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed just one night with my family. We chose this location because it was close to Nauvoo, IL and we wan
ted to spend part of a day sightseeing there on our way to another location. It was a short drive to Nauvoo with no toll for crossing the bridge.
The hotel was fine, my only complaint was that I had booked the room through another website and had paid extra for a roll-away bed, only to be told that we couldn't have one in our room.
Breakfast: yes, with a good variety including a few hot items
Pool: yes
Fridge: no
Laundry: no

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

I first want to apologize about the miscommunication regarding the Roll Away Bedding in the guest room. I myself have problems with the third party websites, not portraying the correct information regarding our property, and to my endless attempt to have them change the information I am still finding some situations like this that cause our guests to be confused and unhappy upon arrival with mislead information such as this from those websites, and for this I really am sorry and I do hope you will come stay with us again in the future! I would also like to invite you to become a Hilton Honors Member, it is free to sign up and you can earn points for free stays! It is a wonderful program and can be used at all Hilton Hotel Franchises around the world! If you would like to sign up please let me know and I would be more than happy to help you with that!
Thank you so much for staying with us!
Again I really am truly sorry about the confusion upon arrival from the third party website, and I will look into this again and make sure they are putting our correct information on their websites!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I've used this Hampton many times. Midwest hospitality. Great rooms and great service. Nice pool and spa. Easy parking and amenities nearby. .

Room Tip: This hotel will go total no smoking soon after Summer 2012
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey for us! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and is sounds as though you have stayed with us many times before, and we are so grateful for that and thank you so much for trusting us to be your choice in hotels! And we hope you will continue to stay with us in the future!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Overall a good stay. The hotel was not to the level as some Hampton Inns I've stayed in, but it was still good.
Good beds. Very good service. Clean rooms. I would come back here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you so much for responding on here for us, and thank you so much for staying with us! We are actually in the middle of renovations, and when we are complete I would love for you to come back and stay with us and see the changes that have been made! It is very different than before I can tell you that already! My Team and I are trying to get used to all the changes and different modern colors!
So thank you so much for everything and please come back and check out our new renovations, I think you will love them!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We arrived and were checked in by a very friendly woman (I don't recall her name). She clearly was speaking from a script, but that's fine-she was friendly. We were assigned to a room on the 3rd floor for our 2 night stay. We quickly found out that the "periodic renovations to our hallways and lobby" posted on the website and our reservation confirmation actually meant construction equipment and debris scattered obstacle-course-style all over the hallway, and renovations in every other room on our floor (save ours and one other).

As a previous reviewer mentioned, the sink water didn't take soap off hands or toothpaste off a toothbrush, and the shower was, I guess, odd...each time you moved it creaked and crackled, and with each creak and crackle the stopper closed. I was afraid I was going to fall through the floor, and had to take an even longer shower because the soap wouldn't come out of my hair.

We were awakened at night by children from the one other occupied room on our floor-they were running and screaming in wet swimsuits (I walked out into the hallway the third time it happened); they sounded like they were standing right next to me even though I was on the window side of the bed farthest from the door. And, on Sunday morning, at 8:10 am, we were awakened by construction pounding on the wall we shared with the adjacent room. This didn't stop, and we didn't sleep. We did complain, and received a call in our room that the general manager was on her way in to speak with us. We indicated that that was not necessary; we needed to get on the road and didn't want to make her drive in from a neighboring town when we had no intention of waiting for her to get there. Upon checkout, front desk staff just sort of shrugged an apology and referenced the posted signs, signs which said the hotel was undergoing renovations in the lobby and hallways and made no mention of the guestrooms. Although we had already indicated that we were not able to wait for the General Manager to arrive, when we again said we couldn't wait it was evident that if we didn't our concerns and displeasure no longer mattered. I was offered a refund of my HHonors points, but I've yet to see or hear any communication about that and it's been several days.

The part that bothers me most is that no effort seems to be made to manage customers' expectations. Had the website, reservation confirmation, signage, or even check-in clerk mentioned that they were renovating guestrooms and that we may be bothered (or that crews worked weekends before 9am), I wouldn't have been nearly as upset. But, when an issue arises due to lack of communication, and then problems are "solved" in a lackluster and nonchalant manner, I can say that I don't believe this particular hotel cares about customer service, and I will not be recommending it to anyone or staying there again. I would rather drive an additional 30-40 minutes to stay in a bigger city with other chain choices.

Room Tip: Perhaps the far end of a hallway on the top floor? Away from other guests and movement as there see...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Dear Laura,

I am very sorry that you encountered this experience at my property. I understand that the FOM was to come and speak to you that morning, who is the one in which you speak about who was to visit you who was out of town. For her not arriving to the property I am extremely sorry about this, I do understand the frustration and extremely poor service this would show on behalf of the hotel; and honestly I am really sorry. I will admit that that day the lack of communication was evident in my hotel, as I did not hear of this until you had responded on threw your Hilton Survey, and trust me when I say this situation with my staff has been directly and discreetly handled due to this issue. And this will never happen again on my property I assure you this.
Had I honestly been called Laure things would have been completely different with the customer service, and I cannot express to you how sorry I am that you had to go through the construction noise and disturbance and the children who were staying at the hotel. I am going to have our staff walk the hotel very often during their shifts to ensure that there are no other guest's children running the halls to ensure each guest has the same respect and quietness they each deserve. Also with the construction, I have informed them never to start again until 10:30am in the morning as to not disturb guests again; I do apologize about this sincerely. Also we will be posting new signs and on the website that we are also renovating in the guest rooms. When I had posted these notices, at the time we were not doing the guest rooms, and I was not aware of doing the guest rooms until it had sprung up and began, but I am sorry for this and will have this corrected.
Your Hilton honor points have been reaccredited back to your account, I will send you the confirmation email for this which shows it was refunded on the 3rd, however I do know that Hilton states it takes a little bit to go through, but I am going to call Hilton today and ask that you are able to get those points back immediately, and plus extra as well. I am going to place more points onto your account as well for the delay of your original points today; and will request you are able to access these today for use.
Again Laura, I really truly am sorry about all this, I was in shawk when I seen your response, that this could come from one of my staff members and my hotel, and trust me when I say it will never happen again and I really do appreciate you being so honest in letting us know these things, so that I can deal with them and know about them to fix them so they do not occur again. I really am grateful for your response. If there is anything at all that I can do any further to assist you or help you with anything at all please let me know, I honestly will be more than happy to help out anywhere I can.
Thank you so much- Pamela Bruner, General Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Overall good to very good experience. The staff is truly excellent - very friendly from the front desk to the cleaning staff. The only real downside is that the hotel is showing its age - a bit on the older side. Doors slam quite loudly but I was fortunate that there was no late night in and out to make that a problem. Overall, a very good experience, marred only by the age of the place - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your response and for staying with us! I am so pleased you got the chance to enjoy the friendliness of our staff, they really are great! I know that we are coming on 7 years old this year in May, and that does mean the building is getting older! However we are actually undergoing new renovations throughout the hotel, I can't wait for you to come stay with us again and see our newly renovated hotel, I do think you will love it!

Again thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to having you staying with us again!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Was hoping for a typical Hampton (read: clean, friendly, comfortable, quiet) and got mostly that!

Greeted happily at the front desk and assigned to a room on the first floor, which I found odd.

A couple of "issues" are keeping me from 5-starring this hotel:
1. Noise transference between rooms and between floors. We were distinctly aware of a conversation going on in the room next door, as well as what they were watching on TV. The noise coming from our ceiling reminded me of my military housing days - we could hear every step across the floor, and what sounded like kids jumping on the bed. Also, the hallway noise level seemed a bit "much" even though this is normal in a hotel. Maybe it was more noticeable because we were on the first floor?
2. Little flying bugs. Smaller than mosquitoes, larger than gnats. There were several flying around our room, and I found one crawling on the bathroom floor. They weren't specific to this hotel, though, as we found them outdoors when we got in our car to leave.
3. Breakfast was sadly mediocre. After a waffle disaster (Hampton Inn waffle issues have plagued me from my first stay at a Hampton-branded facility - one day I will learn never to try them!), I got a biscuit with some gravy. There was a giant bowl of fresh fruit, along with some pastries and yogurt.
4. The shower's water pressure was pathetic (that's my hubby's word for it). The water also didn't seem especially hot - even with the tap turned to full hot. Nice roomy shower, though (no tub, just an oversized shower).
5. The water-saving vanity tap was nothing short of irritating. Extremely difficult to rinse soapy hands, and it took forEVER to rinse a toothbrush. To my way of thinking, these "water savers" cause people to use MORE water since they have to let them 'run' longer to be effective.

The good points?

Every single employee we met was friendly and engaging, and always smiling!

The bed was exceedingly comfortable, which surprised us - we sleep on a memory foam mattress at home, so we were concerned. However, we did sleep well and woke up pain-free! Yay!

The room was very clean! The carpet seemed a bit worn in high traffic areas (and especially in the hallway), but everything was in good repair. We never turned on the TV, so I can't rate that.

The fitness center was modern with good equipment (elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike), and the pool looked inviting (although I didn't use it).

This hotel seems to be very popular in Keokuk - the parking lot was full when we left at 7am, so I'm guessing most rooms were occupied. I'd stay here again, without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
pbruner7, General Manager at Hampton Inn Keokuk, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

I want to thank you for writing a review for us about our Hotel! And I am overall pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, I noticed you had mentioned some concerns on the noise and I want to apologize about this, and I will ensure that if you are staying with us again that you will be placed on the highest floor, as I do feel you will be more comfortable there with the noise level being on first! Also the water pressure in our hotel is in fact as you mentioned for saving water, but I do understand the issue of rinsing a toothbrush, as when I rinse my hands I too wish there would be more water pressure! And this is something I will discuss with the Hilton Franchise Hotels about as these are standard in all Hilton Hotels, but I will look into this!
We are actually right now as I type this response to you, having all the carpet in the guest rooms and building torn out and bran new carpet replaced!!!! We are very excited about this, as we are undergoing a full public area renovation with new carpet in all guest rooms, and some new items in the guest rooms! I cannot wait for your return so that you can see what a change in appearance we are doing with the hotel!
Thank you again so much for staying with us, and we would love to have you stay again!

Pamela
Hampton Inn Keokuk Iowa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keokuk
Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North
#2 of 5 in Fort Madison
Chief Motel
Chief Motel
#5 of 6 in Keokuk

Been to Hampton Inn Keokuk? Share your experiences!