“Had a Accident”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Keokuk
Pa
“Had a Accident”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

No management response after I went in to report that i had fallen in the parking lot. Had to ask to fill out a report. They said that they had just been putting down salt but must have missed that area. We saw the salt and thought it safe. Issue is that no one called or asked or acknowledged the accident. We even had to extend the stay and no one asked.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Missy J, General Manager at Super 8 Keokuk, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
I am so sorry for you accident while staying at our property. The accident was reported but I apologize for it, I miss understood that anyone was injured. We did follow up with resalting the area. And will be following up with you personally to correct this matter. We take the care and safety of our guest seriously and hope we can settle this matter to your satisfaction. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and please feel free to contact me directly with any concerns you have.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Perris, California
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I chose this place as it was the closest to my job-site and at a good price. The building as well as the rooms are clean, with a friendly enviroment. The staff was caring and management went well above my expectations when I needed some documentation printed. Breakfast isn't lavish, but there is a nice selection of warm/cold foods to get you going in the morning. My room though was slightly electrically challenged though in that although it had a microwave, fridge, coffee pot, the same socket was powering the TV and lights, thus the coffee pot was already unplugged. Due to my computing requirments for work, had to sacrifice the microwave (no problem) to plug in the computer to work as there were no outlets around the desk. Internet speeds are good here. I would definately stay here again if another opportunity arises.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Missy J, General Manager at Super 8 Keokuk, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and your feedback. We were happy to be a service to you and hope we can be again in the future.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you're travelling down the Mississippi valley, Keokuk can be a useful place to stay, but there's not many motels available. I chose the Super 8 at it's reasonably priced and it's a safe choice, at the very entrance to the town, opposite Wal-Mart. The main downside is that it's not a non-smoking property, and smoke from the first floor drifts up to the upper floor.

Breakfast was acceptable with the usual cereal and a waffle maker, but as noted, there are very few seats in reception. The fitness room was very small, with not exercise bike, though the running machine was OK. I would stay again if I needed to be in Keokuk, and would have given it a 4 star rating if not for the smokiness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MKMapman
Missy J, General Manager at Super 8 Keokuk, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in being clean, friendly and affordable and in a convenient location. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Papakura, New Zealand
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Please ignore my earlier bad review, the link was supposed to be for another property, sincere apologies to Super 8 Keokuk, I have tried to remove but so far no success.
Efficient and friendly desk service, comfortable rooms and good value for money, I wouldn't hesitate staying here again if I ever get back to Keokuk

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArronGood
Thank you for your recent stay and your positive feedback. We are sorry for the mix up in the reviews but are pleased you were happy with your stay with us. We pride ourselves in being a clean, friendly and affordable. Thank you again for taking the time to remove previous comments and current feedback. We hope you have the chance to visit our area again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keokuk
Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Fort Madison
Boulders Inn & Suites Fort Madison

Been to Super 8 Keokuk? Share your experiences!