“Clean and Quiet”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Johnston
OPKS
“Clean and Quiet”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

First off, this is not a 5-star hotel, but for what it is - a basic services place to stay while in the area for other reasons, this place can't be beat. When we arrived I saw a Volleyball team awaiting check in. We were delayed by the volume of check-ins, but the desk guy immediately directed us to a place to sit and provided an estimate on when we could check in. He beat his estimate, came to get us. Bad situation avoided by handling it like a professional. Then I feared noise from the team, he told me we were on the same floor but he could change it. The coach assured me she 'would have them running the parking lot' if they were up past 10:30PM. I owe her an apology, we never heard a thing despite staying in the original room. Says something about the team and the hotel. Breakfast is minimal - and exactly as advertised. Plenty of everything though, even though we followed the team the next morning. My wife had satyed here last month and experienced the same good customer service. This place knows what it is and delivers.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side away from the interstate, not sure how the noise would be on the other side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ThreeKings09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We returned here because of previous visits and the value for the room size, however the sprinklers go off at 6:15 am and hit the bedroom windows about every 20 seconds, making sleep impossible. Cannot believe we would be the first to notice or complain about this. So avoid first floor if possible. Breakfast are quite limited compared to other hotels of this size. Kitchenettes are nice, dinnerware a plus and full sized fridge is a bonus. TVs in every room, but bathroom quite small.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and am shocked at how nice this marriott townsuites was!! Full kitchen, huge closets, lots of work area space, comfy beds, at least a 42" tv, large bathroom and very clean! A+++

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rmahairas
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as an alternate to the Embassey Suites in Des Moines. This was a much different experience....it was surprisingly very good. The rooms have a kitchenette in them that was great....since we travel with a toddler we always need to have a refrigerator in our room. It was great to have the stove and microwave to make a meal on the fly as well.

The most OUTSTANDING thing.....these are some real HONEST folks. I left in a rush and forgot a number of my things in the drawer of the dresser. Yes, diamond earrings and a Rolex watch that has a lot of sentimental meaning to me. I thought when I left the hotel that I would never see any of these items again!

When I called the front desk was great! They fedex-ed my belongings to me free of charge and actually wrote me a note thanking me for my stay! My boyfriend thought everything was gone and I should call the insurance company immediately...(he's a police officer and said even good people much of the time wouldn't return that or report something like that to lost and found).

Thank you Towne Suites!

2 Thank Georgie912
Brewster, Kansas, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The front desk clerk was very accommodating when we checked in, giving us an isolated room since we were travelling with an infant. The room was very nice and clean with a small kitchenette area and a few cooking utensils. It was perfect for what we needed.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This TownPlace Suites was not quite up to snuff compared to the other TownPlace Suites where I've stayed in the last couple of years.

The staff was friendly and helpful as always - no problem there. However, the room wasn't as clean or well kept as they usually are. Some of the dishes appeared to be wiped off rather than washed, the refrigerator door didn't close properly (which could have cost us quite a bit in spoiled groceries had we not noticed), the HVAC was very loud, etc. Not bad but compared to the high standards most TownPlace Suites have it was a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms that face away from I-80 are quieter.
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in April. Desk staff was knowledgeable and nice. Room was clean and ready to go at check in. Continental breakfast was just fine--cereal, toast, bagels. We stayed on the 3rd floor and yet never heard any footsteps from the 4th floor. We never heard any noise from the hallway. Despite being right off the highway, the road noise was low enough that it didn't bother us while we slept. Very convenient to highways. The kitchen was well equipped with real silverware and pots and pans and a full-size fridge and freezer. Also had a microwave and dishwasher. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnston
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Urbandale

Been to TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale? Share your experiences!