Des Moines North
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
$59
$66
$63
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2007

Stayed at this hotel last night, as stayed at another Best Western last weekend. I was inpressed with the other one, which is why I chose to stick with Best Western.
Unfortunely, this stay wasn't as nice. My first impression upon signing in was the bad odor and the unvacumed floors around the lobby. The clerk was very friendly and nice, though.
Upon entering the building #3, the halls were not air conditioned and the odor followed. Rooms were very clean and air condioning worked well. I booked 2 adjacent rooms and only one had a remote control for the t.v. One of the rooms made a drilling noise whenever the shower was used.
When I looked for ice, the ice machine was broke in my building, so I had to get it from building #1, which was quite out of the way.
The walk way toward the pool had an even worse odor. But, the actual pool room was ok. Very big pool, but cold water, could've been warmer. Spa was wonderful, can't complain.
Overall, I will not stay at this hotel again. Rates were cheap, but not worth the condtion of the place. I'd much rather pay $20 more for a nicer place.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank heavanly5
Reviewed March 25, 2007

No hot water - I mean COLD showers. I had a business seminar at 7am, go to take a shower, shave, no hot water. I couldn't shave (straight razor man), but managed to get through the freezing shower. I called the front desk, they said they would have someone look at it. - that must be a foreign language for go %^&# yourself. I called back later that day- 2 day stay. They had no record of my call of any issues. Essentially it never happened, according to them !
In closing, there are about 10 nicer, cheaper hotels South of this one, look elsewhere !
Our A/C didn't work either, the room was like a cold swamp- great - and for only $65 a night !

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank stimpyl
Reviewed November 21, 2006

Very bad experimence. We got a non-smoking room and a smoking room was across the hall. The rugs were dirty. The place is noisy. Our towel rake fell from the wall. There are plenty of other hotels at this exit - any of them would have to be a better choice.

Also, forget about the Diner. It was poor as well.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank pitt1980
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We thought this hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was very good with an assortment of food. The location was good...near restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again.

2  Thank chiefearle
Reviewed April 30, 2006

The Best Western is definitely old and in desperate need of some updates. We arrived at 4:20 Saturday night and tried to check in but our rooms were still not ready, not to mention the computers were down so check in took over 20 minutes with a line of 4 guests behind me. Was not impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Bathrooms had hair on the floor and in the tub, hallways were dirty, stained carpet, etc. I booked the Best Western over Priceline for $55.00 including tax. If it not been for the great price, I would've been very upset.

• Stayed: April 2006