Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Johnston
Riverside
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter from Minneapolis and I stayed the night before I attended a conference held at SCI. Located near a movie theater so we attended "Despicable Me 2" after shopping at Jordan Creek Mall the day before my conference. Hotel was well kept - thought it was newer than it actually was. Breakfast was sparse though.

Room Tip: We were on lower level and it was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Funny Hotel, lot's of wood, you would expect hunters as guests - somehow strange in this area of agriculture. Nice and friendly staff, big rooms, very clean. Breakfast is poor - quality ok, but not very much to select from

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The breakfasts were very good. The ambience was quite cozy. Beds are comfortable. It is close to numerous good dining options. Very happy with from desk staff also. We had a 2 bedroom which fit our needs quite nicely.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was traveling for business and the hotel offers a free shuttle between the airport and the hotel which made it convenient (Johnston, IA is about 25-30 minutes from DSM airport). The hotel staff was very nice and accommodating - I was able to check in early, set up a late check out, reserve the airport shuttle without a problem. The bedroom I was in had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, etc. Overall, I had a really nice stay. I would recommend this hotel.

Iowa
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed one night. Check in was easy staff was friendly. The room was very nice and beds were very comfortable. Was a little worried about noise as there was a wedding and family reunion going on but it was quiet. Pool area was nice. Loved the indoor/outdoor set up my daughter loved it. Breakfast was nicely set up with a good variety. Overall a great place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Imcmains, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to make every stay a ‘great stay’ and are pleased to have that effort acknowledged. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I found this hotel quite by accident. Only rooms available because of a convention and sports tournament. I will make this my primary hotel when visiting Des Moines. Comfortable rooms, friendly service and Nice area. Convenient to I 80 / I 35. Easy access.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Doug A
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Doug A, Statistics show than most accidents happen within just a few miles of home and we are so pleased you have accidently found a new home in Des Moines. Thanks for sharing and for your very kind comments.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the 2nd time we have held our annual family Korean Culture Camp at the Stoney Creek Inn (our first stay was 2011). The sales and conference staff are amazing! They saved our past information, which made planning a breeze. Also, they had such a solid idea of what our needs were that we were able to spend more time adding new events to our conference instead of starting from scratch. They responded to our requests immediately. Cynthia and Stacey in the group sales office checked in with me regularly. The front desk staff was also so helpful. Our families received wonderful treatment. The accommodations were great. If you are looking for a cozy, family friendly spot to have a retreat or conference, I highly recommend it. It is also so close to Hy-Vee, Fairway and Dahl's grocery stores. There is a Super Target and Super Wal Mart, must minutes away. We had families traveling from all over the midwest, so the easy I-80/235 access was helpful. Lastly, the folks we worked with in the conference center, sales, and front desk back in 2011 are still there- not an easy accomplishment in the service industry. I can't recommend Stoney Creek highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnston
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston
Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines? Share your experiences!