Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Johnston
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed one night after a 12 hour drive. Lodge type hotel, nice breakfast area. Clean, friendly, good location, and good rate. Front desk was very helpful. Gave us a coupon for area restaurant. Will definitely stay again!!

3  Thank santafetwinbeech

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after a night on the town. It far exceeded my expectations. We booked a whirlpool room, and were surprised with how spacious it was! Microwave, fridge, nice desk area, modern tv. The decor was very cute, and the whole place was incredibly clean. Loved having the ceiling fan over the bed. Everything smelled so fresh and homey, not the usual hotel cleaning scent. The staff was so polite, both checking in and out. It was super quiet, even though the place was pretty booked. There was a continental breakfast. Average food, but decent. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

3  Thank 3PreciousGirls
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I thought I wasn't going to enjoy staying here because I had booked a hotel room with a fire place as it was my boyfriends birthday and I wanted it to be romantic for us, but they didn't have me in their system as a fire place room which I was very disappointed about the women Allie was not pleasant about it and made it seem like it was my fault but then I requested to work with someone else and that gentleman was quite pleasant I think he said his name was ed or something along those lines but didn't have a name tag so I don't quite remember. He apologized and said the 1800number I booked on was not reliable and then proceeded to give me a FREE upgrade for a room next time I stayed!! now as for the room itself I was pleased with the king sized bed very comfy very clean and the pools and hot tubs fantastic!

Room Tip: Do not stay early in May if you want a quite place there was a girls soccer team staying at the same...
1  Thank hfguest
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I don't know what you can really ask for beyond a friendly staff, a quiet and clean room and a great complimentary breakfast. Check-in and Check-out was quick and efficient. The rooms are very quiet, very clean and with a rustic decor. Breakfast is a full breakfast including eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals and more. If you have to stay in the west des moines area you'd have a hard time doing better.

They do have complimentary wi-fi as well but it is pretty slow.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here on business because almost everything else was booked near downtown. Friendly staff, clean room and pretty quiet in spite of all the younger soccer players. Breakfast was average stuff but a pretty small serving area. There are some nice social areas located around the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jnobz
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Stoney Creek Inn this past Easter weekend and we were very pleased with everything. The adjoining room set up was excellent and both rooms were very clean & cozy yet spacious. The pool was perfect and the social area on the third floor was a great place to gather outside of our room. The warm breakfast was very good & well stocked.
We were very pleased having found this property online and not knowing what we were getting into. Carl along with all the staff we encountered were professional & accommodating. Thank you for a wonderful stay, we will be back the next time we are in the DMS area.

Room Tip: The adjoining rooms on the third floor are very private and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a room with bunk beds which was perfect for our group. Would have been nice to have a sink outside of the bathroom to help with everyone getting ready in the morning though. Love the soft pillows on the beds!

Breakfast was fine but the room it is set up in is way to small. Great area to gather with family and play games later in the evening though.

Kids loved the indoor outdoor pool but would be even better if it was kept at a warmer temp.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnston
Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines
TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
Homewood Suites by Hilton West Des Moines / SW Mall Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton West D...
#4 of 22 in West Des Moines
Hotel Renovo
Hotel Renovo
#3 of 11 in Urbandale

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines? Share your experiences!