Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Johnston
Reviewed April 6, 2011

The Stoney Creek was a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a hotel in Des Moines. Everything was great.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family and I travel to the Des Moines area a few times a year and we don't even consider any other hotel. The Stoney Creek Inn is perfect for families with kids as the pool area is clean, fun and well-maintained. It helps that they keep the pool at a nice, warm temp. The rooms are spacious, very clean and the kids enjoy the themes. Get a room with a screened-in porch! It's worth the upgrade and perfect for knocking back a beer or two with friends. We've stayed at this hotel multiple times and have never had any issues. The staff is friendly and helpful, from the front desk clerk to housekeeping.

Room Tip: Upgrade! The ammenities in the suites are worth it
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2011

As part of my job, I must travel to Des Moines at least once a month. Stoney Creek Inn is my favorite place to stay. The personnel are amazing. From the desk manager, to the breakfast attendant, to the housekeeper, they make you feel welcome every time I visit.

You do an excellent job of making me feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We live about 4 miles from this location and could choose a number of other "hotels". We choose to spend weekends away from home at Stoney Creek to rest, relax and recuperate. They accommodate all of these in an outstanding facility with professional and courteous attention. If you are traveling and want a pleasant surprise, stop in. It is a value added to your travel or just your own personal enjoyment!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The staff at Stoney Creek Inn helped us put together a first class training event for people from all across the midwest. Their Des Moines location has a variety of meeting rooms, great catering connections, a beautiful facility and they're close to the movie theaters and several restaurants so there was plenty of nearby entertainment for our clients.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

The staff was professional and courteous.
The meeting room was spacious, quiet, with a comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

In February 2011, I was in charge of organizing a 2-Day business meeting for our department within our organization. Since half of our team would be arriving from Fort Dodge, Iowa and the other half coming from Saint Joseph, Missouri, it was important that we had a convenient location with meeting facilities that could accommodate 15 of us. From the time I walked into this hotel, I knew it was going to be very comfortable. The lobby area was very nice and clean. When I arrived in my room, it was a king bed that had a microwave and refrigerator along with a sitting chair and a very nice, soft, comfortable bed (very comfortable size room - not overly crowded and small like most hotel rooms). The floor that my room was located on had a very nice sitting area as you got off of the elevator to go to your room. This area was very comfortable and gave you a homey, comfortable feeling. When I began organizing these meeting days, I had the pleasure of working with Cynthia Hilsabeck at the Stoney Creek Inn, located in Des Moines, Iowa (even though this address for this Stoney Creek Inn is Johnston, Iowa, it is very conveniently located within minutes of a wide array of shopping and restaurants). Cynthia was very helpful organizing the overnight stay for 15 of us, along with the meeting facilities and the needs during the meetings each of the two days we would be using the meeting room. The meeting room was set up when we arrived, as we had discussed, and was very clean and pleasant to hold two days worth of meetings. We had lunch catered in each day from two different catering companies that the Stoney Creek utilizes. Both lunches were very delicious and complimented upon by the attendees. The complimentary breakfast was a wonderful start to the morning. In the evening after dinner, it was nice to sit with our colleagues and visit in the lobby while watching some television. Some of the group went into the breakfast area and connected a Wii to the flat screen television on the wall that someone brought to play Wii bowling for some "team bonding" since we don't get together with our other team members from other facilities very often. It was a very good time. The pool and exercise facility looked very nice; however, I did not have a chance to actually use them. Overall, our stay was enjoyable and very productive, with the help of the Stoney Creek Inn pleasant and courteous staff members.

I would recommend the Stoney Creek Inn located in Des Moines, Iowa for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnston
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale
#3 of 8 in Clive
Hotel Renovo
Hotel Renovo
#2 of 11 in Urbandale

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines? Share your experiences!