All reviews des moines front desk biscuits and gravy the breakfast area other hotels staff was very friendly complimentary breakfast convenient location very nice hotel would stay again brooklyn interstate motel ia refrigerator
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Our call for reservations was answered with a smiling voice. She remembered us from earlier visits and even recommended the room we would like. Upon our arrival the desk clerk also welcomed us as if he had been waiting for our presence. The room, like other times at this hotel smelled fresh and clean. The following morning we sere greeted by the staff ;like family. We will certainly visit this hotel again

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Jim Z, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Johnston des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Thank you for the kind words. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

The room was quiet and clean. The only problem I had was finding an outlet to plug my computer into. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was great. We are on low carb diets and look for protein on hotel breakfasts. They had eggs, sausage and biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
kalpesh2, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Johnston des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to make every guest happy.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

Given the rate, and my frequent trips to Des Moines, I tend to stay here on the north-side when it suits my schedule and appointments. This last stay was one of my best, as their service appears to have been "upped" a bit! My phone reservation and check-in by 'Justin' were simply outstanding -- something I'd expect as part of a four-star stay somewhere -- helped with the door, my extra bag or two, etc. He was simply outstanding. My room and bathroom were spotless, and the rest of my stay was excellent. As overnights go at budget-type properties, this AmericInn is great!

Room Tip: This hotel is tucked-in among car dealerships and other interstate/intersection business properties, yet most rooms are quiet, regardless.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
kalpesh2, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Johnston des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Thank you for your gracious comments. I will be sure to let Justin and the housekeeping know how much of an impact he made on your experience. We look forward to meeting your expectations again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

This place was spotty, but sufficient. On the plus side, the pool is a good size and kept in a nice warm temperature. The breakfast is typical hot breakfast fare, but not very well staffed. I found a dead spider in the pool, which was a bit disconcerting. And, oddly enough, there is no elevator in this two floor hotel. For some reason, room service missed cleaning our room on one day. But hey, the bed was comfy and the halls were quiet.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
kalpesh2, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Johnston des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall. However, I am disappointed to hear that our breakfast and housekeeping staff didn't meet your expectations. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff. Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

It was a quick in and out getting there at 10:30p and leaving at 5:30a, but the room was clean and comfortable. The property was easy to find and convenient. The staff was friendly when I called to inquire about a room and the online booking process was quick and easy.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
kalpesh2, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Johnston des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly hope to serve you in again in the future.