AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston
GardenInn.com
$67
$90
$65
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskdes moinesbiscuits and gravythis past weekendthe breakfast areaother guestswaffle makerwafflescomplimentary breakfastbusiness triproom was clean and comfortableconvenient locationstaff was friendlyvery nice hotelwould stay here againbrooklyninterstate
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I had a nice room. It was clean, convenient, and a good quality for the price. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. There was a little microwave, fridge, and wifi was free. The breakfast was not great, as there was no fruit. If you like carbs, you are in luck.
I would not stay here again, though, because of the smokers. They were smoking in their rooms and in the hallways near my room. The odor was in my room, and it was pretty strong. I can't stand that odor, and people with asthma should be warned of this hazard.

Room Tip: if you can't stand to smell cigarette smoke or have asthma I wouldn't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
kalpesh2, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is through the eyes of our guest that we can accurately assess our services and accommodations. We appreciate your kind words on the hotel and our staff. I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the items unavailable. Our signature perk breakfast does offer fresh fruit. In the upcoming year we will have 2 hot items every day during our breakfast hours we will have scrambled eggs and sausage every day add to our signature breakfast as well, still having our make our own waffles. Bringing still more protein items to the menu. I have spoken with all the staff on how breakfast needs to be the same throughout the scheduled hours. Every guest should be able to enjoy all the items available in our signature breakfast.
Again, I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience that you endured during your stay. We do have rooms that are not located near our smoking rooms. I would like to speak to you further about this matter, please call 515-270-1111 or e-mail at johnston.ia@americinn.com. You may ask for me, Kalpesh or Karen would be able to help you as well.
Thank you again for your comments on your recent stay and we look forward to once again saying “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our room was nicely decorated, well kept, very clean. We got into town early and they allowed us an early check in. We did not join in the breakfast, but i did go in an get coffee and a pastry, they have the typical continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
kalpesh2, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and the staff. I want you to know that we value our guests opinion and comments; this is the best way to make sure we are giving our guests the best value and quality of service. Our breakfast will be changing we will be having two hot items scrambled eggs, sausgage plus biscuits and gravy. We also have yogurt, hard boiled eggs and other protein items. We look forward to seeing you in the future and meeting all your expectations and needs.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We received great, understanding front desk service. We had a few personal problems and the hotel staff did everything they could to make our visit better.
Breakfast is workable in a fairly clean area. Could have been cleaner. Price was right.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
kalpesh2, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am also pleased the front desk staff was sensible towards your needs and took the necessary steps to make you feel welcome.
We greatly appreciate your specific comments on how we could have better maintained our breakfast area. This is definately a good training opportunity for our staff.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Returning from a trip to CO, we found this hotel by accident after planning to stay at a Comfort Inn and Suites with an abondoned restaurant attached. A refreshing change, alert desk person listened well and provide a room with little need to walk. Quiet and our window faced the hot tub.

Morning breakfast was a bit sparse, with no hot cereal or carton milk options. No yogurt was out when we ate and no fresh fruit, limiting choices. Other guests were amiable and fun to talk to.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
kalpesh2, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

We appreciate your kind words on the hotel and our staff. I am pleased they were responsive and caring, so we could accommodate your needs so you could relax and recharge after a long drive.
I would like to sincerely apologize to you for the items unavailable to you. Our signiture perk breakfast does offer those items. I have spoken with all the staff about the breakfast area and how it need to be the same through out the scheduled times of our breakfast hours. Every guest should be able to enjoy all the items available in our signiture breakfast.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were in Des Moines for one night for the Color Run 5k. We wanted a price friendly hotel that offered a comfortbale place to stay. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleaniness and updated room. I even enjoyed the pillows and slept well. All of the staff were very helpful and nice. The breakfast was above average especially the biscuits and sausage/gravy! Nicely done! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will go again on my next trip there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
kalpesh2, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Johnston, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We are pleased you found your room to be clean, relaxing and comfortable. Our free Hot, home-style breakfast is a great value and we are glad that you enjoyed it. We look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in the Des Moines area.