“Inconsistent cooking steaks.”

Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Johnston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We were there twice in October and everything was great. Yes it's loud and the entrance could use more room but we expect that. Last night they couldn't cook a steak to save their lives. Medium (hot pink) should not be on a plate with blood. Obviously an untrained cook last night. Two steaks last night both cooked rare. Sent back, both came back Medium rare. If I cut into a steak and it is not cooked correctly I want a new steak. You can't sear it properly and when you re - fire it all the juice runs out. What you get back is shoe leather. Not sending it back for a third time so we ended up having a Caseys pizza last night. Happy birday son! Manager never came to the table either. Maybe the manager should quite talking to his friends at the bar and come do his job. You are only as good as your last service. Two great visits ruined by last night's poor kitchen performance and lack of leadership.

There are newer reviews for Texas Roadhouse

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This place always is busy. It's no secret why: the steaks are among the best in the Des Moines area! Paired with the fact that their cinnamon butter never disappoints and is free, this is one great place to park your saddle. There is a large variety of options for dinner; however, we always get the same thing: steak!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We got right in without much of a wait. It was clean. Food was good. However, we did have to ask for silverware twice and they never gave us the complimentary peanuts. Those are just small issues. Overall, a good place to eat.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Solo business travelers can find a quick seat at the bar and other business travelers. I was tired and not very chatty so no one bothered me, but you could talk with the other business people at the bar.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I liked that the menu had a Ton of different price options I got a 6oz steak which was inexpensive where as someone in our party got a half rack of ribs. I love that you can eat the peanuts and throw the shells on the floor it had a nice laid back atmosphere. I did find that the service was slow and we only saw our server a few times which I did not understand because there were huge groups of employees standing around talking and laughing with each other. If you tell them it is your birthday they wheel over a saddle contraption yell a birthday chant and ask you to sit on it thankfully this not happen to us but a 43 year old man next to us he looked like he was enjoying himself.

Been to Texas Roadhouse? Share your experiences!