“good food, nice people, needs a good clean”

Princess Grill & Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Iowa Falls
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was back in town after being gone 10 years and had to take the kids to the Princess. It was a favorite place of mine when I lived in IF before. The place still had the gorgeous wood booths and marble soda fountain. It is a true historic site that has gone relatively unchanged since the 1930's. Beautiful architecture. The food was still good, I had pizza and though it was great, my friend had burgers and thought it was over cooked. The hand-made malts and sundaes were fabulous. The servers were very attentive and nice.

But, unfortunately, the Princess was looking downright neglected. There was a lot of dust, the HVAC vents were dripping with dust (or is that mold?) paint was peeling and the mirrors that are charming vintage 30's ornaments in each booth were filthy.

I would love to give it a higher score, but I just hate eating in a dirty restaurant. It makes me wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The 1930's interior is worth the trip. The soda fountain is like stepping back in time. The atmosphere is come-as-you-are. We ordered ham pizza and a chocolate malt...yum!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm pretty sure Princess is the oldest restaurant in town. They even have a soda fountain!
And the outside of the building advertises air conditioning. :-)
The fountain drinks and ice cream are delicious!! My daughter always talks me into a rootbeer float for dessert! For food, you really can't go wrong, whatever you order. My favorites are the pizza and fish fry. They offer a variety of food, from prime rib to pasta. Great place to double date or bring your kids. Not a lot of big tables, so your large group will probably be split between booths, but the atmosphere is very friendly. It's a small town! Their pizza is the BEST in town, and they offer carry-out!!
Prices are good, and you get filled up! The ONLY downside- they only take CASH. Good thing there's a bank nearby!