“Great hotel!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Iowa Falls
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Iowa Falls
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very clean. Super comfortable beds. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NancyG1666
mjolmstead, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Iowa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Nancy,

Thank you for your review at our motel. We appreciated hearing feed back from our guests and are pleased you enjoyed our motel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Monica Olmstead

Reviewed May 27, 2010

We had the opportunity to stay at the AmericInn in Iowa Falls while showing horses at the nearby Ellsworth Equestrian Facility. Not only were the rooms spotless and comfortable, but the pool and hot tub were a welcomed respite at the end of a long day.
At the end of our stay, we had a pleasant and speedy checkout, only to arrive back home and find that we had left my daughter's coveted stuffed animals behind. We immediately called the hotel, who graciously shipped the toys back to us - addressed to my daughter, with a sweet postcard (from the stuffed animals, of course!) and a special Iowa gift! I bet you won't find that type of service at the Waldorf... Again, great room, fair price, and exceptional personal service!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ella1234
mjolmstead, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Iowa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Thank you so much for your nice review of our motel. We were more then happy to send your daughters animals to her and glad she recieved them in good order. We have brand new 32" Philips flat screen TV's being installed this month so when you come back to visit, they'll have a nice picture to watch together! Have a great 4th of July!

Reviewed June 20, 2009

I have stayed at the AmericInn in Iowa Falls several times over the past few years. It is far better than the competition across the street, so given the choice, by all means stay here. We always ask for an upstairs room and it is quiet between rooms. It tends to get noisy in the hallways - you can hear people talking and room doors closing. I also often smell smoke in the hallways. The room furnishings are "tired". The mattresses aren't very comfortable, the pillows are lumpy or hard, and the towels are paper thin. However, the rooms are very clean. There are a couple of really nice front desk cleaks, but usually the ones working are the ones who act like you're bothering them. The worst part is the breakfast. You'd think every item was made of gold. They run out of stuff all the time and not because they're out of it, but because they bring one or two of an item out at a time. You have to go ask for stuff. It shouldn't be that hard just to eat. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Expresses, which aren't any more expensive (in other small midwest towns) but the difference between service and quality are night and day.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I booked this room (s) several weeks in advance. I booked two rooms, one 2 room king suite and a single room for my mother. We were in IA Falls for an event of my daughters. The hotel was full!! On arrival there was ONE person working, on a Sat night. The rooms were clean, however the bedding was something out of the 60's. The bed was below average and was paper thin. My children slept on the hide a bed couch and complained that it was broken. The rooms are quite, because there were a lot of kids around and we did not hear them. During the night about 12am the smoke alarm started chirping (like one does when the battery needs to be changed) knowing there was ONE person working, we fixed it ourselves. We went down to breakfast at 9am and there was NOTHING left but cold ceral and hardboiled eggs! Another guest was waiting next to me with a tray and a hotel staff member came out of the "kitchen" with two bagels and put them on her tray stating "I saved these for you".... VERY POOR PLANNING for a full hotel. Another guest had to talk to the desk clerk about putting more food out. They "found" more food about 9:50am, bread and a couple more rolls/donuts. The staff seem to be nice for the most part, but after the breakfast dealings... there were a lot of not so nice stares. Oh yeah, do not ask for a late check out! I asked this qustion in several ways and I was told check out is at 11am all three times. Then she stated that 11am was late enough for us to sleep in. WHAT A JOKE!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2008

My room was nice, but the heater was tough to figure out - and a little noisy once I did - it was cold and snowy, and so I had it up a bit and it worked fine, just noisy - the bed felt like it might need to be replaced soon - but overall the room was fine - the only thing I really did not like was the lobby always smelled like smoke - and with such cold nights, it would have been nice to have the fire place going - oh - and they are suppose to offer chocolate chip cookies each night from about 4 p.m. on - and each night at 6 p.m. or later, I had to ask about them - they did bake them but by then it was dinner time

I did see lots of people using their lap tops in the lobby area and as previous writers have stated, the w-fi did not seem to be working in the rooms - that is why I did not bring my lap top

Breakfast was fine - although the milk was hard to find - it is in a small refrigerator near the large trash can, rather than by the rest of the food - someone else had to point it out to me - but the breakfast bar was clean and had the basics - coffee was really bad though - I ended up going down the street to Walmart and buying cold Starbucks instead -

Would I stay here again, absolutely - the pool and spa looked nice but I did not have time to use them this time - and the work out center consisted of two machines in a converted regular room. They did have a small work station consisting of a slow computer and a copier - it usually was available with no problems

I found the maids to be very nice as well as the front desk - all were helpful when I had a need -

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2008

The property management is very proud of this motel and it shows. The motel is clean and has a beautiful lodge-like atmosphere when entering. The breakfast is just standard continental breakfast fare, but was very complete - waffles, toast, juices, coffee, bagels, cereals, donuts, fruit. Better spread than most free breakfasts I've been to.

Room was clean and comfortable, although the bed felt like it was nearing time for replacement.

Wireless internet was not working during my one night's stay. The front desk manager said it was because they had switched providers earlier that day and there were some lingering issues. I could get a full signal at the end of the hall, (but no connection to the internet).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for a family reunion. It was very nice. They promised quiet, and they delivered. The breakfast was very nice, and had quiet a few items for a continental breakfast. One big problem is their internet service. They claim "Free Wireless Internet," but you need to be in the hall way to get it. It is not available in your room. The pool and hot tub were nice, but the room was way too warm. All in all, it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Iowa Falls? Share your experiences!