“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Andalusia, Illinois
“Pretty good”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went there today for a late lunch, establishment is very clean. Ordered ribs, sandwich and baked beans. Service good, parking OK and location wasn't far off the interstate. Ordered and food came out quick (nobody was there), food tasted good but could have been hotter. I was asked by both employees if the everything was ok which showed they cared. I will go back and I will recommend to friends and family. Thanks Jimmy Jacks for the good experience.

• Visited October 2013

Coralville, Iowa
“The South comes to Iowa”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Alabama for five years and Texas for three, so I've been spoiled by good BBQ and I really wasn't expecting much when I came here. Suffice it to say that not only were my expectations too low, but I ended up quite impressed with Jimmy Jack's.

As I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the awesome aroma of BBQ smoke. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was amazing! The pulled pork was so tender and flavorful that it could stand on its own without sauce (this is one of my musts for good BBQ), but their sauces are equally amazing. Don't miss the honey butter cornbread or the homemade ice cream sandwiches either.

• Visited September 2013
Bel Air, Maryland
“Great ribs”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Good bbq place in Iowa City. Ribs were very well cooked and HUGE and meaty. A variety of bbq sauces were available to give the ribs a customized taste. I had backed beans (fantastic) and cole slaw (average) as my sides. Nice staff, clean restaurant and outdoor seating available.

Visited July 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in town!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've eaten at every bbq joint in town and around and Jimmy Jack's is always the one I return to. The pulled pork sandwiches can't be beat and the ribs are delicious. What prompted me to write this review was a stop at the Interstate BBQ in Memphis. Based on all the hype and publicity that place has gotten I expected nothing short of sublime, but came to find that nothing I or my sister ate even came close to the taste of Jimmy Jack's. The price certainly can't be beat and you get your money's worth and then some. Great beans, good coleslaw (as long as they remember to put in the sugar) and delicious cornbread. The fries are the best hands down anywhere.

• Visited July 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Yum....”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just realized I've never written a review for Jimmy Jacks. It's local for me and I've eaten there often, usually choosing the pulled pork sandwich as a "smaller" meal. This week I picked up 4 racks of ribs to take to a potluck, ordering the day before as I wanted to leave town at 11 AM when they open. They were a great hit, and there was no grumbling that I brought something that wasn't homemade!

It's an order at the counter place, with seating indoors or on a patio. My experiences with staff have been positive, they are knowledgeable, patient, and helpful. Our takeout order was ready when we arrived, and we were on the road quickly.

Food is consistently good, a wide choice of sides. They have a variety of sauces available. I've taken out-of-town guests here in the past, and they have always enjoyed their meals.

• Visited June 2013