“Nice place, a bit overpriced though”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iowa City
A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Reno, Nevada
“Nice place, a bit overpriced though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My mom and I stayed here on a spur-of-the-moment for a little getaway. The location of the house is great, and cozy, and the house itself is very homey. The host, Daissy, was very polite and welcoming, and takes great pride in it. She was very flexible with our plans and made us some very nice breakfasts, even accommodating my vegan diet. However, I was disappointed in the price for the value; our room was small, and dated, and we had to use a shared bathroom in the hallway. This did give a discount from the other rooms in the house with private baths, but I think the price could have gone down by about $30/night. Other than that, the house was mostly clean, and if you're into the bed & breakfast thing, it could be worth a try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at this unique B&B in mid August, just before the University was to open. Daissy is great—full of stories of her travels and her life and friends, generous with advice and ready to call a friend of a restaurant for you if more information is needed. The house is lovely and the location quiet and residential, but still very close to downtown and the University.
We ended up with two spacious rooms, each with private bath, for us and our two teenagers. We were asked our preferred breakfast time, beverages, and dietary restrictions, and the result was great, with wonderful coffee!

Overall, it was a bit expensive because of our two rooms, but was worth it. Making a reservation was a bit of a challenge, and Daissy could make this easier and a little less stressful, but it was worth it once we got there. Now I feel I have a friend to stay with in Iowa City and I want to go back because the town is interesting and Bella Vista is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Colchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at A Bella Vista B&B in early August as we were passing through Iowa. It is in a nice quiet location near a university and only a few blocks from restaurants and shops. Our room was quiet, comfortable and spacious with an eclectic decor from the owner's travels. Breakfast was delicious and there is a very welcoming atmosphere. I would definitely stay here if were in Iowa City again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I found this place on my GPS and i was a bit skeptical, but the lady was so nice and friendly I had a pleasant stay. The house is clean and beautiful, the breakfast she gives you in the morning is to die for! I will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at the Bella Vista B and B and I made a great friend in Daissy Prada Owen. Her B and B is charming and well kept. It is in the quiet historic district just off the river. It is close to town and easy to find of the interstate.

Daissy cooked some great breakfasts in my four night stay and we had fun discussing all her world travels. She is a gracious host and does not push anything. I love to travel and loved sharing stories with her. She is a great photographer and has amazing pictures throughout the house.

I was traveling alone without my husband to watch a swim meet for my son at the Univerisity. What a welcome and enjoyable time compared to a hotel stay. I look forward to coming back and staying again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hutto, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I were on a road trip to see our sons in major Eastern cities, then find some family landmarks in rural Iowa. We found Daissy's place on the Internet, and were so pleasantly surprised. The house was quaint and comfortable, like our own, and the room was neat and convenient. Best of all, however, was the company. Daissy was a delightful hostess, feeding us a fantastic breakfast and sharing stories of her travels with us. Traveling is a hobby for us, too, and we instantly connected. This little gem near the University of Iowa campus should not be overlooked. We thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it! We would love to go again, anytime.
Steve and Janice, Hutto, Texas

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently stayed at Daissy Owen's A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast in Iowa City, and had a wonderful time. Her lovely home is in a quiet, well-kept neighborhood, and my room was clean and very comfortable. Daissy is a charming hostess, and I felt as if I was visiting a relative. If asked, she will tell you about her many trips all over the world, but she does not push this on you. My sisters and I had so much fun talking with Daissy at breakfast, we hated to leave. It was easy to get to the house from the Interstate, and a short distance to the downtown restaurants and shopping. I will definitely return if the opportunity presents itself, and I highly recommend this B & B to all. Thanks, Jean

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iowa City
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Iowa House Hotel
Iowa House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Iowa City

Been to A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!