“Warmest Regards From Singapore!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iowa City
A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Warmest Regards From Singapore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had a wonderful 10-day stay at A Bella Vista Bed & Breakfast in Iowa City. It is a clean and cosy home just 10 mins from city centre. The hostess Daissy is graceful, charming, warm and friendly. She made me feel at home and made sure that my stay was comfortable. She was always ready to share her life experiences; and her cheerful disposition and positive outlook on life inspired me greatly. As she travels rather extensively to exotic places, she is able to give her guests good tips on travelling. During my stay, I was greeted by a truly delightful and well-prepared breakfast each morning. Daissy tries not to repeat her breakfast items and so she has created a breakfast menu that includes Daissy's Eggs Benediction, Breakfast Burrito, French Toasts with Peanut Butter and Fresh Fruit Toppings, Egg & Bacon Tostadas, Nutty Fruity Yoghurt Waffle Basket, etc. It made me look forward with anticipation to breakfast each morning with Daissy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LilyChooHN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jefferson City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I loved the way you immediately feel at home here. The deck had a nice view overlooking the river. It was an easy walk to downtown, but you didn't feel like you were amid a busy college town. Daissy was accomodating to our schedule as far as breakfast. She was helpful with restaurant suggestions, and helping us orient with a map. The decor was eclectic with items and photos she had picked up from her extensive travels.

Room Tip: I went on this trip with a friend. Often it is hard to find a B & B with 2 beds in the room-- o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 123nmk
beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Bella Vista has everything a visitor would desire: clean and comfortable rooms, delicious and nutritious food and a host who is always willing to throw in stories of her legendary life at no extra charge. Plus, a great location -- within walking distance to both downtown and a beautiful riverbank park; the neighboodhood is tranquil and friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shuyi o
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at Daissy's B&B. Her home is well kept with great views out the back. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I loved Daissy's Egg "Benediction" for breakfast -- absolutely delicious!! Her travels and stories were especially memorable. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark M
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

A Bella Vista B & B is a warm and friendly place. I especially recommend it for those who travel alone. Daissy sets the tone for her guests; her home is clean and well furnished, the breakfasts are nutritious and tasty, and her stories and photographs open guests to the world beyond Iowa City. Lively conversations around her dining table are bound to happen. Daissy also provides great directions so guests enjoy getting around Iowa City with ease. I hope to return to Iowa City and when I do, I'll stay at A Bella Vista.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Betty S
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed with Daissy a few weekends ago for an audition I had in Iowa City. Not only did we have a lovely, interesting, and eclectic place to stay, but we truly enjoyed our time with the owner Daissy. She is a fabulously well travelled woman with amazing stories from her adventures. She also made a delicious breakfast in the morning. We are thinking of taking another trip to Iowa just to stay there again. We truly had a lovely time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Katherine W
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

A Bella Vista was ok. The location is pretty good. It is within walking distance of downtown, which is convenient to not have to worry about parking. The owner is a nice lady who will talk to you about her travels. She has lots of pictures up around the house to show off her trips. I appreciated the insights but also found it hard to break away from the conversation. I was offered the choice of 830 or 9 for breakfast (I kind of wanted earlier) so I picked the earlier time so I could get out earlier and be productive. I ended up at the breakfast table until 10 because I did not feel able to break the conversation to get away. The room was ok. The bed was clean and comfortable but the carpet was pretty disgusting...think 1970's orange and dirty (something that looked like oatmeal on the floor by the desk. Not something I wanted to walk barefoot on. I didn't really understand it. You could tell looking into the closet that there were hardwood floors under it. The hardwood was also out in the hallway. Breakfast was good but no choices offered. You just get what is served to you in the morning.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank FindMENow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iowa City
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 6 in Iowa City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Coralville - Iowa River Landing
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Iowa House Hotel
Iowa House Hotel
#4 of 6 in Iowa City

Been to A Bella Vista Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!