All reviews hotel vetro grocery store front desk ped mall modern feel heart of downtown location is great stove top wall of windows modern hotel parking garage great market bars and restaurants comfortable beds stayed here for one night vetri kitchenette
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

I was so happy with this hotel. I stayed the night before at the Sheraton next door and this place BLOWS the Sheraton away! The room was fantastic. The styling was just perfect for me. The concrete floors were s nice fit.

I wished I stayed here two nights.

Hotel is right on the ped mall and the attached sushi restaurant is amazing! I have been traveling to IC for awhile and wish I would have found this place sooner.

Simply a great hotel!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Wow...I guess I'm simply too square for Iowa City. Although the minimalist decor in this hotel is designed to draw in the hip traveler, they do little to back it up. So here is what we got in our room: (1) a clock 90 minutes off with no way to re-set it unless you have an Apple device (we don't), a burned out florescent bulb lying on the edge of the bathtub, almost invisible so we could have had hundreds of bits of broken glass, (3) a blind with the chain jammed so it could not be raised, (4) a toilet with insufficient strength to flush waste unless you stood there and worked it 3-4 times, (5) said same toilet's seat did not stay up.

Most importantly for us, we were a party of three: me, my wife and my 16 year old step-daughter. We explicitly booked a "suite," only to find a studio with the two beds inches apart -- totally unacceptable for us. When I complained that we had booked a suite, we were told that "all our suites are studios." Well, the dictionary definition of "suite" is "a SERIES of rooms." Stop playing with plain English. So we had a choice of hauling everything back to the car in 90 degree, 90 percent humidity and trying to find appropriate accommodations elsewhere at 5PM or sucking it up and buying another room and doubling our cost, which we did. The hotel staff were unapologetic, unsympathetic, did not even offer a discount on the second room.

I'm sorry, but this is the hospitality industry. Be hospitable. And acting cool is not being cool. If that's what you want to be, move to LA.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank PdxMarc
Reviewed July 5, 2016

Love this hotel! The staff is so helpful, the service is wonderful, and the rooms are very comfortable and pretty!! I would highly, highly recommend staying at Hotel Vetro and will be back next time we visit our daughter at school!!!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2016

Although I was only here for one night for a business stay, it was an enjoyable stay, in a very good central location in Iowa City.

This is definitely a very contemporary type of place, with very modern...and large....rooms. My very large room had a full kitchen with a full fridge (alas, I was not there long enough to use either). The separate bathroom and tub was also very nice (but again, underutilized on my end!!). The large living area included a king-sized, comfortable bed, a very contemporary recliner, and a work station.

The flooring is concrete with minimal carpeting, which might put off some, but I liked the vibe this gave to the contemporary set up of the hotel.

Location wise, it can't be beat. Well within walking distance to all points of downtown Iowa City, attached to a great market and café, and.....attached to a very nice, two-level fitness center, open 24 hours, to all hotel guests!!

The staff was friendly throughout.

Overall, a very good stay at a nice hotel... I only wish I had more time here......

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

Stayed a little over a year ago, wasn't bad, this time we called down to switch rooms. Couch was so stained you wouldn't want to sit near it, blanket had stains on it, cigarettes on our balcony, lamps shades broken. Our next room was just as nice...blood or ketchup stains on the wall, tape on the ceiling along with ribbon hanging off the entrance of the bathroom....looks like someone had a he'll of a good time in here. Carpet tiles are peeled up off of the floor, Nasty place! Front desk said they'd have somebody come up and clean..shocker they never showed. $185.00 for this place and then they wanted to give us a $40.00 credit....like we're ever coming back.

Date of stay: June 2016