hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
$149
$139
Hampton.com
$145
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Alexis Park Inn & Suites(Iowa City)(Great Value!)
$75
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
$104
$85
TripAdvisor
$69
TripAdvisor
$85
$82
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

$132
$107
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsgrocery storemodern feelfull kitchenped mallstove topunique hotelnice kitchenettepolished concreteheart of downtownkitchen areaparking garagegreat marketlocation is greatspacious roomcoffee makernon smoking
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Wow...I guess I'm simply too square for Iowa City. Although the minimalist decor in this hotel is designed to draw in the hip traveler, they do little to back it up. So here is what we got in our room: (1) a clock 90 minutes off with no way to re-set it unless you have an Apple device (we don't), a burned out florescent bulb lying on the edge of the bathtub, almost invisible so we could have had hundreds of bits of broken glass, (3) a blind with the chain jammed so it could not be raised, (4) a toilet with insufficient strength to flush waste unless you stood there and worked it 3-4 times, (5) said same toilet's seat did not stay up.

Most importantly for us, we were a party of three: me, my wife and my 16 year old step-daughter. We explicitly booked a "suite," only to find a studio with the two beds inches apart -- totally unacceptable for us. When I complained that we had booked a suite, we were told that "all our suites are studios." Well, the dictionary definition of "suite" is "a SERIES of rooms." Stop playing with plain English. So we had a choice of hauling everything back to the car in 90 degree, 90 percent humidity and trying to find appropriate accommodations elsewhere at 5PM or sucking it up and buying another room and doubling our cost, which we did. The hotel staff were unapologetic, unsympathetic, did not even offer a discount on the second room.

I'm sorry, but this is the hospitality industry. Be hospitable. And acting cool is not being cool. If that's what you want to be, move to LA.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank PdxMarc
Reviewed July 5, 2016

Love this hotel! The staff is so helpful, the service is wonderful, and the rooms are very comfortable and pretty!! I would highly, highly recommend staying at Hotel Vetro and will be back next time we visit our daughter at school!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2016

Although I was only here for one night for a business stay, it was an enjoyable stay, in a very good central location in Iowa City.

This is definitely a very contemporary type of place, with very modern...and large....rooms. My very large room had a full kitchen with a full fridge (alas, I was not there long enough to use either). The separate bathroom and tub was also very nice (but again, underutilized on my end!!). The large living area included a king-sized, comfortable bed, a very contemporary recliner, and a work station.

The flooring is concrete with minimal carpeting, which might put off some, but I liked the vibe this gave to the contemporary set up of the hotel.

Location wise, it can't be beat. Well within walking distance to all points of downtown Iowa City, attached to a great market and café, and.....attached to a very nice, two-level fitness center, open 24 hours, to all hotel guests!!

The staff was friendly throughout.

Overall, a very good stay at a nice hotel... I only wish I had more time here......

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

Stayed a little over a year ago, wasn't bad, this time we called down to switch rooms. Couch was so stained you wouldn't want to sit near it, blanket had stains on it, cigarettes on our balcony, lamps shades broken. Our next room was just as nice...blood or ketchup stains on the wall, tape on the ceiling along with ribbon hanging off the entrance of the bathroom....looks like someone had a he'll of a good time in here. Carpet tiles are peeled up off of the floor, Nasty place! Front desk said they'd have somebody come up and clean..shocker they never showed. $185.00 for this place and then they wanted to give us a $40.00 credit....like we're ever coming back.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2016

The balcony of the Verde suite combined with the "It's Included" package made for a care free stay this weekend. Parking in the attached garage was included in this package as was the breakfast buffet the following morning. The "In & Out" privileges at the garage would have been a convenience however we never needed to see our car again before checking out as this hotel is an easy walk to the Englert Theater via the outdoor pedestrian mall. The concrete floors, walls and ceilings of our room provided more quiet luxury than one could have imagined and my wife and I enjoyed the solitude of our private balcony overlooking the pedestrian mall. The floor to ceiling windows in this room allowed natural light to flood the entire room and the roll down window treatments eliminated all incoming light the next morning to allow us to comfortably sleep-in. My wife enjoyed the large soaking tub and I enjoyed the roomy glass enclosed raindrop shower. This spacious bathroom is separated from the rest of the space by a floor to ceiling sliding frosted glass door. The Bread Garden Market bodega next door had an impressive selection of food and wine (Wally was very helpful) among other things and the front desk was happily accommodating when we asked for some wine glasses to be sent up to our room. This suite and package were a phenomenal value. My wife and I agreed that this hotel made our trip to Iowa City the equivalent of a cruise. Everything you needed was within walking distance, the staff took great care of us and there was more to do than we had time for. We can’t wait to find another reason to visit Iowa City and stay at the hotelVetro again.

Room Tip: The balcony of our Verde room made the trip,
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple