hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
$149
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$69
Orbitz.com
Alexis Park Inn & Suites(Iowa City)(Great Value!)
$75
Iowa House Hotel(Iowa City)
$104
Brown Street Inn(Iowa City)
Hotels.com
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsgrocery storemodern feelfull kitchenped mallstove topunique hotelnice kitchenettepolished concreteheart of downtownkitchen areaparking garagegreat marketlocation is greatspacious roomcoffee makernon smoking
Reviewed June 30, 2016

Although I was only here for one night for a business stay, it was an enjoyable stay, in a very good central location in Iowa City.

This is definitely a very contemporary type of place, with very modern...and large....rooms. My very large room had a full kitchen with a full fridge (alas, I was not there long enough to use either). The separate bathroom and tub was also very nice (but again, underutilized on my end!!). The large living area included a king-sized, comfortable bed, a very contemporary recliner, and a work station.

The flooring is concrete with minimal carpeting, which might put off some, but I liked the vibe this gave to the contemporary set up of the hotel.

Location wise, it can't be beat. Well within walking distance to all points of downtown Iowa City, attached to a great market and café, and.....attached to a very nice, two-level fitness center, open 24 hours, to all hotel guests!!

The staff was friendly throughout.

Overall, a very good stay at a nice hotel... I only wish I had more time here......

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

Stayed a little over a year ago, wasn't bad, this time we called down to switch rooms. Couch was so stained you wouldn't want to sit near it, blanket had stains on it, cigarettes on our balcony, lamps shades broken. Our next room was just as nice...blood or ketchup stains on the wall, tape on the ceiling along with ribbon hanging off the entrance of the bathroom....looks like someone had a he'll of a good time in here. Carpet tiles are peeled up off of the floor, Nasty place! Front desk said they'd have somebody come up and clean..shocker they never showed. $185.00 for this place and then they wanted to give us a $40.00 credit....like we're ever coming back.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2016

The balcony of the Verde suite combined with the "It's Included" package made for a care free stay this weekend. Parking in the attached garage was included in this package as was the breakfast buffet the following morning. The "In & Out" privileges at the garage would have been a convenience however we never needed to see our car again before checking out as this hotel is an easy walk to the Englert Theater via the outdoor pedestrian mall. The concrete floors, walls and ceilings of our room provided more quiet luxury than one could have imagined and my wife and I enjoyed the solitude of our private balcony overlooking the pedestrian mall. The floor to ceiling windows in this room allowed natural light to flood the entire room and the roll down window treatments eliminated all incoming light the next morning to allow us to comfortably sleep-in. My wife enjoyed the large soaking tub and I enjoyed the roomy glass enclosed raindrop shower. This spacious bathroom is separated from the rest of the space by a floor to ceiling sliding frosted glass door. The Bread Garden Market bodega next door had an impressive selection of food and wine (Wally was very helpful) among other things and the front desk was happily accommodating when we asked for some wine glasses to be sent up to our room. This suite and package were a phenomenal value. My wife and I agreed that this hotel made our trip to Iowa City the equivalent of a cruise. Everything you needed was within walking distance, the staff took great care of us and there was more to do than we had time for. We can’t wait to find another reason to visit Iowa City and stay at the hotelVetro again.

Room Tip: The balcony of our Verde room made the trip,
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2016

Although we made our reservation months in advance, the hotel chose not to honor it. Not only did they give our room away, they handled the situation extremely poorly.
Friday evening, we received a phone call while we were in Chicago asking if we would be checking in that night. We assured them that we would be but that we would be late. It is absolutely unacceptable that no one told us then that our room was not going to be saved. Had we known this, we would not have driven until after 10 pm with our young kids. We could have tried to make the situation better by staying somewhere else.
Then, because we were not able to stay at 1 hotel for the entire weekend, our plans for watching the Olympic trials were cut short. We had to check out of 1 hotel and into another causing more chaos. Yet again, you disappointed when we were turned away Saturday. The situation got worse. Instead of enjoying the events we planned, we were forced to spend more time driving over 20 min. to another hotel far from the event. Moreover, they found a smoke-filled casino for our 2 kids. They did not have enough beds and we were stuck in roll-aways. This evening was again ruined and this time it was at our expense as the manager refused to cover the cost and we were miles from the trials.
I’ve never had such a terrible experience at a hotel. While I do not think a hotel should ever dishonor a reservation made months in advance, if the situation happens, it should be handled in a far better way. I am truly disappointed at the lack of quality service that was provided by hotelVetro.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2016

This place is solid. The environment there makes you feel more family than a "guest." The rooms are very modern, spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The staff are great; the type of customer service provided made me feel as if my stay was tailor-made. The staff will recommend great places to visit, eat, and have fun while there in Iowa City. Cisco (one of the managers) makes it a point to welcome each guest and was available to address any questions I had.

The location is great too. There is a cool sushi bar inside (although not part of the hotel) and there is a one stop shop market/wine bar/restaurant adjacent to the hotel that has an excellent, varied choice of snacks, food and beverages. There are so many places to eat, shop, laugh and appreciate Hawkeye culture too.

I will make every effort to stay here when visiting Iowa City and recommend if you are visiting Iowa City that you should for sure check out HotelVetro.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
Steve S, General Manager at hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2016

Dear DamienTravels,

Thanks so much for your business and sharing your kind words regarding your recent experience with us.

We look forward to serving you again soon and trust you will call on us if we can be of service in the meantime.

Warm regards,