I recently stayed at the hotelVetro and enjoyed my stay. I read the other reviews here, and have to say I had no issues with either noise or cleanliness. My room was not on the side facing the city, but rather looked out over a parking garage. It wasn't the most inspiring view, but it was very quiet. Of course, I would not be the sort of person who would be bothered by other people's late-night revelry, were I to experience it on the other side of the hotel.
My biggest complaint about the hotel is that it does not have wireless internet. The entire hotel is made of concrete--it is one of those super-cool, ultra-modern, sterile sort of places. Unfortunately, the concrete makes it impossible for them to have wireless, or so I was told by the hotel staff. It was very annoying.
Everything else was good. There is a kitchenette, and I was given plates and utensils and pots and pans. They also have a little coffee maker and complimentary Starbucks coffee. The bathroom was great, with a very nice shower and a big soaking tub. The bed was very, very comfortable and I loved the pillows. The location can't be beat--it is just where you want to be. And to top it all off, the main level houses a sushi restaurant with a very nice bar and some very cute bartenders. I will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegance, sophistication, and metropolitan flair-experience it all at downtown Iowa City's newest hotel and conference center, located just a block away from the University of Iowa. Listed by Budget Travel Magazine as one of the Top 100 Best Values in the World, hotelVetro is the ultimate in upscale lodging. Boasting modern architectural design, deluxe guest rooms, contemporary kitchens, and the sophisticated yet environmentally conscious amenities, hotelVetro is ideal for short or long-term stays. HotelVetro is a premiere Iowa City conference center, with over 15,000 square feet of versatile banquet space and meeting rooms. Featuring a stunning 4,800 square foot open-air Roof Garden, which offers a magnificent view of the Iowa City Cultural District, hotelVetro provides an unforgettable backdrop for business and social events. HotelVetro offers a complimentary shuttle within a 3 mile radius based on availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotelvetro: Studio Suites And Convention Center
- Hotelvetro: Studio Suites & Convention Center Hotel Iowa City
- Hotelvetro Studio Hotel
- HotelVetro: Studio Suites & Convention Center Iowa City