Located right on the pedestrian mall in Iowa City, this hotel is perfectly located to walk to campus and numerous restaurants and shops. There is a small whole foods-like grocery store next door which is especially convenient because the rooms that I've stayed in all have small kitchens (not stocked). There are a variety of size/styles of rooms. Some even have decks! The style of the rooms are very modern - glass, no carpet, floor to ceiling windows, hip chairs, and very modern bathrooms which are bizarrely large. There is also a very nice health club in the building. My only complaints are that for a top of the line hotel, even in a small town like Iowa City, the front staff is lacking in professionalism. Service is slow, some can't give simple directions and at times there is no one to be seen at the front desk. (The Sheraton next door has a much more helpful staff.) The elevators are key-operated for safety which is nice since anyone could walk into the lobby and head up to the rooms. I also don't believe that they have movie service on their TVs which is a nice perk and because there is no carpet, the hallways can be a little noisy. Despite these minor complaints, I would definitely recommend this hotel. I travel to Iowa City frequently and have stayed at other hotels in town. This is definitely the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegance, sophistication, and metropolitan flair-experience it all at downtown Iowa City's newest hotel and conference center, located just a block away from the University of Iowa. Listed by Budget Travel Magazine as one of the Top 100 Best Values in the World, hotelVetro is the ultimate in upscale lodging. Boasting modern architectural design, deluxe guest rooms, contemporary kitchens, and the sophisticated yet environmentally conscious amenities, hotelVetro is ideal for short or long-term stays. HotelVetro is a premiere Iowa City conference center, with over 15,000 square feet of versatile banquet space and meeting rooms. Featuring a stunning 4,800 square foot open-air Roof Garden, which offers a magnificent view of the Iowa City Cultural District, hotelVetro provides an unforgettable backdrop for business and social events. HotelVetro offers a complimentary shuttle within a 3 mile radius based on availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotelvetro: Studio Suites And Convention Center
- Hotelvetro: Studio Suites & Convention Center Hotel Iowa City
- Hotelvetro Studio Hotel
- HotelVetro: Studio Suites & Convention Center Iowa City