“Some good, Some only ok”
Review of Thai Flavors

Thai Flavors
Ranked #146 of 251 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Some good, Some only ok”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ordered delivery to my hotel.

-Excellent fried tofu appetizer with great sauces
-Good Hawkeye rolls again good sauce
-Drunken Noodles were only so-so, a lot of the noodles were stuck together and it didn't have near enough basil for my liking.
-Delivery didn't come with any silverware or napkins which was problematic at a hotel.

Visited February 2013

Iowa City
“good value”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

If has good thai dishes, both spicey and not. very resonable priced. efficent service. decor is plain/dated

Visited February 2013
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
“Big Community Players”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I'm not sure about the new management, but the old owners used to give 20% of their sales away every week to community organizations. My school has raised thousands of $$ from Thai flavors. we love this place!

1 Thank alisaMeg
Sioux City, Iowa
“Good food, next time I will just order to-go!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The inside of the restaurant is really dirty, the booths and tables are in really poor shape! The menus were even in bad shape! The service was really slow, only two waitresses for the entire place...on a football Saturday in Iowa City! The poor girls were handling all the tables, plus taking to-go orders, answering the phones, and bringing out their orders. Once our food finally got to our table it was very delicious! The portion sizes were huge, needed a to-go box from the beginning! We ordered the Shrimp and Chicken toasts and Crab Rangoons for appetizers. I wasn't impressed by the rangoons, and our group decided the toasts were "interesting". For entrees we ordered Pad Thai, Silver Noodles, Drunken Fried Rice, and Drunken Noodles. They were all delicious! I'm not a huge fan of spicy food but even I could handle the spices in the drunken dishes. I did over hear another table ask for very spicy and the waitress asked on a scale of 1 to 5 how spicy they wanted, so it sounds like you could adjust the spicyness level for most dishes. I will probably eat here again, but order food to-go instead of dining in, plus that seemed to be the more popular way to eat there; my guess is that's where most of their money is made.

Portland, Oregon
“Delightful and delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a delightful place very close to the center of downtown Iowa City. Excellent, excellent food and great prices. The ambiance is lacking, but who cares. Come for the food and the super friendly staff.

Visited December 2010