“Delightful and delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Delightful and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a delightful place very close to the center of downtown Iowa City. Excellent, excellent food and great prices. The ambiance is lacking, but who cares. Come for the food and the super friendly staff.

Visited December 2010

Iowa City, Iowa
“TERRIBLE DISGUSTING”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

terrible, disgusting, this place is too old. looks like in thailand! you don't know what's in your food!!! too dirty.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Iowa City, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SO GOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

I've been living above Thai Flavors for the past semester and it's sooooooo amazing. I go there all the time and it's absolutely amazing (except a bit pricey). I always get the Yellow Curry with Tofu and I make it spicy. If you love Curry as much as I do, it's totally worth the 9 dollars it costs. The wait staff recognizes me and is always super friendly and quick. I've never eaten at the restaurant itself but I always get carryout. They always give me a good estimate of when to arrive so I don't have to wait.

My favorite restaurant in Iowa City, hands down!

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank elizabethiowacity
Iowa City, IA
“Incredible! Our new favorite Asian.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2011

We moved here from the Twin Cities and haven't been able to find a good Asian restaurant yet. My wife went in for dinner last night and came home to tell me "we need to eat lunch there tomorrow.

This place has everything a truly great Asian restaurant needs: unimpressive decor, kind but not flashy waitstaff, and INCREDIBLE food.

A previous review said they have the best crab Rangoon, which I completely agree with (although I didn't like their pot stickers). The pad Thai is also incredible.

Prices are great, huge lunch for $6.99.

We'll be back soon!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dharma19
coralville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NO flavor in "thai flavor" food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

i read the reviews on trip advisor and went here. tried the food thrice.
there was no flavor at all in the food. we generally love the thai food and always prefer to eat thai food if we have to go out for lunch/dinner.
the food here was very disappointing.

1 Thank redlove1