“My favorite pizza in Iowa City”

A & A Pagliai's Pizza
Ranked #7 of 261 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pagliai's is my favorite pizza in Iowa City. I don't even really like pizza that much (like, it's not a food I crave or order if there are other items available), but there's is so good I almost always burn the roof of my mouth trying to eat it before it's cooled. I ate here as an undergrad, I always ordered a pizza to go when I came back for football games, and when I came back this year for a job interview-- I ate here the night before. It's delicious!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Go early when school is in. We go here with our kids during holidays. We have family that lives near hear, and the kids always beg to go. It is great pizza, and cool to see all the staff dressed in their ol time pizza parlar duds. Go!

1  Thank SDMEATGUY
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Pagliai's pizza is the best pizza in the Iowa City area. If you like crispy, thin crust pizza with the most delicious, rich and tangy sauce you could ask for, then this is the palce for you. However, please be aware of the fact that this is a true pizzeria - no salads, no steaks or fish or other entree items, just really good pizza. Nice selection of beers and wines. Long lines common at supper hour, especially on weekends, but well worth the wait.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The flavors are great! My husband and I try to eat very clean and healthy BUT this place is out go to for cheat meals.

While, I have only had one bad experience - (I saw a worker do something unhygienic - and cancelled my order and walked out) - my other experiences have been great). The best thin crust pizza in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

So when we walked in the door we passed by all these interesting looking pizza's waiting to go into the oven. One looked especially good. When I looked at the menu to see if I could find that pizza, I learned that this pizza restaurant lists a large range of ingredients and customers create their own combinations. So I asked the sever to let me know what I had seen on the way in. She knew that order and made mine the same. It was done beautifully - crispy/soft crust, a great balance of toppings on a tasty red sauce. The atmosphere is not fancy and the water cups are more like a Denny's, but the food is excellent and the prices are great. Nice place for a family or a group - or just two. Service was fine - appropriate for the casual family atmosphere. I recommend it.