“Clean and close”

Alexis Park Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just came back from visiting and this hotel and it was a pleasant surprise. We had the 2 bedroom suite and the was plenty of room for the 4 of us and my 2 pets. Clean place and helpful staff. Still remodeling but I bet it will be nice when their done. $6.00 cab ride it the center of town. Would stay there again!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This na great hotel with all the comforts of home away from home, have stayed here for every hopital visit.Each room comes with refridrator stove dishwasher and coffee maker. most have wirlpool tubs . Close to shopping and hospitals.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was very impressed by the respectful attitude of their employees. The front desk clerk was very patient with me with my many questions. She was very informative of her town and getting around. I will definitly stay here again; the inn is improving to make staying here very comfortable.

Room Tip: I stayed in a queen suite with a whirlpool very comfortable. Air conditioner unit was noisy but ser...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tammy r
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My newly wedded husband and I stayed here for our wedding night and the weekend. We had a one bed whirlpool. The mustang suite I do believe. We got there at about 10 pm, we are from out of town, and had to wait probably 20 minutes just to get a room, playing phone tag with the on call manager. Was a little disappointed in the wait but it was the woman's first night. The room was spectacular, although when we came back from our day out on Saturday I was disappointed that we had not had any room service. It was very peaceful and quiet which I thoroughly enjoyed, along with the whirlpool. We weren't disturbed at all. We didn't know that they even offered breakfast, and we searched the building we were in for vending machines for a late night snack, to no avail. Overall our stay was pleasant. Not to far from the places we wanted to travel to while on our honeymoon. I just wish we were more informed of the accommodations that they offered.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank whitneerk
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My son got married last October and his new bride, her family, photographer, wedding party, and me and my husband and our family all stayed there and really enjoyed the beautiful rooms!! It was at a really good price. We locked in rooms for other people to stay in also. The breakfast was great and close to some restaurants also. All in all everyone was so pleased with the gorgeous place! Thanks to Alexis Park staff also for keeping our room so clean! GREAT PLACE TO STAY and also for the newlyweds who had an awesome room!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently spent an overnite here with a group. My room- a 2qb with whirlpool, was ok- very comfortable newer bed with nice sheets. Otherwise my room was in need of updating- grungy carpet and average furnishings. Micro/Refrig is a nice touch but be warned- the soda and water in the fridge are NOT complimentary...a $1.50 charge is added if you consume them! Seriously? Ouch! Part of our group had one of the townhouses- now that was exceptionally nice and freshly remodeled. A townhouse would be very good for longer stays. Overall it seems the owners are working to remodel the rooms, the included breakfast was basic but adequate, cleanliness was average, and staff was friendly. One big reason to stay here....rates are a good $25-$50 lower than the chain hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face the airport- it can be noisy but not during late night/early morning hou...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank readittoday
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family checked out the room after one year stay at the end of last year. We really enjoyed staying with a full-furnished room and all utilties included. We also appreciate all the hospitality and friendship that the personnel gave us. We did try to keep the room as clean as possible. The inspection list, however, made us overwhelmed because it required to clean all the possible things such as cleaning inside and outside of window glasses, washing all walls with wet rags, cleaning all airvents, cleaning tile area underneath the stove, cleaning window blinds, cleaning toilet(inside bowl and entire outside), sweeping/vacuuming balcony floor and so on. We cleaned all things by following what the list required. Jenny(manager) did the inspection carefully and in detail. She did it in a friendly and courteous manner, though. We should not have worried about it so much. I do suggest the landlord to reduce the inspection list in order not to confuse/overwhelm possible tennants. Recently I got my deposit back fully except $100 for cleaning the carpet, which I agreed when I made a contract. We do not think that this place is the best in Iowa City. We, however, are sure that it is the best here considering the rent, environment, facility, contract condition, personnel and so on. I am willing to recommend this place to anybody, especially who wants to stay in a frugal and economical manner.

Room Tip: Please ask the landlord to show you the inspection list before agreeing the contract. Do inspect the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
#4 of 7 in Iowa City
Iowa House Hotel
Iowa House Hotel
#7 of 7 in Iowa City

Been to Alexis Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!