“Terrific tacos”

La Regia Taqueria
Ranked #18 of 251 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Iowa City, Iowa
“Terrific tacos”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The tacos are wonderful with a wide variety of meats available. This is a terrific restaurant with fast service, friendly staff and tasty options. Its hard to choose a favorite. It is off the beaten path from the rest of the restaurants in town but totally worth the drive. My family and I love coming here!

Waterloo, Iowa
“Wow...my new favorite!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I now know why others speak so highly of this place...the tacos are delicious! I can't really choose a favorite...I have tried almost all of them, the carnitas, el pastor, and the asada might be my very favorites, but then I will have to order a cabeza and lengua taco the next time I stop as those were delectable to. I just can't decide. The service is friendly and quick and the food is fresh and flavorful. Both the red and green sauces are great...I will undoubtedly become a routine customer on the weekend as my commute takes me through Iowa City. Thank you La Michoacana...your food is excellent!!

Iowa City, IA
“Authentic mexican food!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The guacamole is very fresh, excellent. The pork and chicken tacos delicious. The food is just like that served in Merida, Yucatan, where I visit each year. The staff is very fast and still friendly. The prices are incredible...Got four tacos with added avocado and two Mexican cokes for under $12.

Iowa City, Iowa
“The beloved taco truck is now a restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the best Mexican food in Iowa City. El pastor on corn tortillas with onion and cilantro, squeeze of lime, verde sauce. Flavor explosion. Heaven on a plate and you're only out a couple bucks.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is a bit fast-food/sterile, but it's a small price to pay for having delicious tacos even when it is too cold outside for food trucks.

• Visited March 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelente!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

We were driving thru the area and saw this restaurant and boy we were impressed! First of all the staff is very nice and polite, the place is clean, food is delicious and the price very reasonable! I would definitely come by again...p.s you got to try the tripe tacos!!!