“Great find”
Review of Graze

Graze
Reserve with OpenTable
Graze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 259 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: Sushi, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Van BC
“Great find”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Found this delightful spot while in Iowa City for a long weekend.
We were looking for a casual spot for a late dinner.
We were warmly welcomed as soon as we were in the door. The host asked us what sort of seating we preferred which was appreciated.
The waiter acknowledged us almost immediately. He was very familiar with all items on the menu and made some great suggestions.
The atmosphere is comfortable but a bit tired looking. The menu is similar to a typical pub menu but with a great twist. There are healthier choices and some unusual but appealing alternatives. The martini list was extensive. I wish I could have tried more.
This place is definitely worth checking out.

Cedar Rapids, IA
“We'll absolutely be BACK!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had not before patronized Graze. But we will absolutely be back. Met the spouse after work for dinner. Had an 'auction certificate' from a local radio station which discounted our meals.

My first impression was that I might have been dressed down- this place is very nicely decorated and looks almost too hipster to accept us. BUT our host and server was prompt and quite friendly. He seemed to take extra care when we mentioned we were new to their establishment.

We selected the "Amazing Grazing" for two. Turned out to be perfect. Three courses with a total of seven different items from their menu. Started with a surprisingly delicious pretzel fondu, then a tuna sushi roll and some teriyaki ribs. (I'm not usually a fan of 'teriyaki' but these were fantastic!). Final course was their chicken lips, a steak on bruschetta, and flash fried green beans. All the items were high quality and intended for an experienced, discerning diner.

Yes, it appears that a big part of the business is the bar. The front 70% of the place is a Bar. There's a long, long list of martinis (of which I'm just not a fan across the whole dining industry...). But I was happy to see several good selections of beer (I had the Backpocket Dunkel).

Finally, it is true that we had an 'auction certificate' from a local radio station. But I also wanted to patronize Graze due to a recent social media brouhaha over someone who brought their loud baby-- this is NOT a kids' facility. I found the staff to be quite sensitive to making sure each client and each table was being cared for. This is an ADULT venue.

And I will be happy to return this Sunday for the brunch buffet!

“Great food and service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I ate lunch and dinner here today. Lunch Buffet was a great variety of their unique menu. For dinner I had steak tacos and they were very good. I also met the owner by chance in a hotel and he went out of his way to help me which I think shows he's got good character.

Moorhead
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I love the lunch buffet which features most of their menu items. The food was fantastic and healthy choices prevailed. The staff were beyond wonderful and welcoming. I will be back for sure.

• Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Martinis!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to eat at Graze the last night before we were to go home. What a great place for a fun dinner and drinks! Our waiter was friendly and explained some of the drinks. The martini list was so long and we tried several until we were both tipsy. The chef was talented and we really enjoyed the dishes we picked. We always remember the good time we had at this restaurant and if we are ever in Iowa City, Graze is where we will be!

• Visited June 2013