“Lovely, relaxed, beautiful touches” 5 of 5 bubbles

Leaf Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 246 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
midwest
“Lovely, relaxed, beautiful touches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Intimate, charming space with lovely teas, scrumptious soups and salads.

Visited June 2012

Iowa City, Iowa
“Very disappointed in afternoon tea”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had wanted to take my children out for afternoon tea, and as this is the only place in town that serves it, we came here, expecting a nice experience. Afternoon tea consisted of two of the smallest scones I have ever seen, with some jam and a dollop of whipped cream (not clotted cream), and what was supposed to be a "large" pot of tea, which was only half-way filled - and that was for three people! While everything tasted okay, it was certainly nothing to write home about, and nothing like the afternoon teas I have had elsewhere in the country. At $7 a person, I certainly expected more than this. It was way over-priced, and there is no way I would go back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 730jane
Iowa City, Iowa
“Saturday Morning Wake up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am a person that likes routine...when I am not traveling. But when my husband decided that he did not like to go to our "usual" Saturday morning coffee place...it was not pleasant in the household. He suggested we go to Leaf Kitchen...I told him I though my friends said this place was over priced...he said the breakfast menu looked reasonable. He had the smoke salmon benedict and I had the oatmeal. Smoke salmon benedict was not bad. As for the oatmeal...(hoiw does one talk about oatmeal in this website?!?1)...but It was served with a separate platter of sliced fresh banana, strawberies, some blue berries and a spoon of brown sugar. With some soy milk...great breakfast. Attentional all runners...great oatmeal here for all your pre-run complex carbs. Funny,,,,I had tea instead of coffee...must be the ambiance. The restaurant is eclectic.... Our cost...$28...same as if we went to the family restaurant down the road...eh!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank arisedragonlady
Davenport, Iowa
“Not worth the price, not worth the wait.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Both are breakfasts were nicely conceived, but lacked the flavor punch expected. The salmon benedict had a nice hollandaise sauce, but there was not enough sauce. The fish and eggs were subtlety flavor, but lacking. Similarly, the sauce on the Moroccan eggs was interesting, but lacked the spicy punch I expected. The Hummus was also under spiced and salted, with a rough texture. The ricotta pancakes were light, and the berry sauce was exceptional, not too sweet and full of berry flavor.

Overall, breakfast for two with coffee, and tip, was $35, which was way too much for the quality and quantity of food provided.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank dmarkiowa
“one of a kind”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I liked their lunch quiche and iced tea. It's a small restaurant, limited parking, and is busy at lunch. Plan ahead!