“Nice & Clean”

Travelodge Iowa City
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Iowa City
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. We found it at the last minute actually, but it was good for the money.
It was a cheaper price and surprisingly very clean and comfortable. The room was pretty spacious, the staff, and manager also was very nice. The continental breakfast wasnt much and someone had left spilled food all over the place, so that was kind of gross, but overall it was good. Definitely worth it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lasvegasmog
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Iowa City

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was the most dirty and rundown hotel I've ever stayed at. First, the receptionist at the desk have me very poor directions to my room so I ended up lugging my suitcases all over the hotel. The door we used to enter and exit didn't lock, allowing anyone to enter the hotel. when I finally arrived to my room, regardless that it was a smoking room, really reaked of an ashtray. The room was filthy... old food under the bed, gum stuck under the counter in the bathroom, unsanitary tub, and sunken in mattress. The room was all around out dated and dirty. We visited the pool and there were receipts and other scraps of paper on the bottom. GROSS!!! Can anyone provide me with any compensation?

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed at the Travelodge in Iowa City recently on business. The rooms are hideously out of date and filthy, the overwhelming smell of dirty feet made both my husband and I ill, and the noise around us on Friday night was alarming, replete with dog barking. This place is a dump, stay away if you can possibly stay at the Sheraton, do it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lesmad
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Have stayed there several times....always a pleasure!!
Clean rooms with fridge and HBO
Great customer service and always aiming to please.
Continental breakfast only enhances an already great rate.....it's usually so expensive in Iowa City.
Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I usually stay at nicer hotels like Marriotts or Hiltons so I was not sure what to expect. I did not want to spend a lot of money but I just wanted to stay somewhere clean and affordable. This is exactly what I got at thisTravelodge. I had lots to do the next morning and was pleasantly surprised that they had breakfast, that definitely saved me some time. Not a hot breakfast, but they had fruit, cereal, waffles and oatmeal. The Travelodge met my needs and I would come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank R P
Reviewed November 26, 2011

It is the staff members that my wife and I encountered during our three day stay that have left us most puzzled. No eye contact - ever. Upon checking in on the first day (the Wednesday before Thanksgiving) none of the usual formalities regarding the location of our room, services provided, etc. were pro-offered. It felt as though we were interrogating the front-desk staff. After visiting our room I noticed that the bathroom sink barely drained. As we passed the front-desk on our way out I mentioned my concern to the front-desk staff. The response I received, without eye contact from the staff, "everyone has slow draining sinks, maintenance is looking into it" - the problem was never resolved. The property itself has seen better days, but it is the daily or routine maintenance and service that we all have come to expect from a customer serviced based establishment, that is most lacking. Examples on our stay included the the duct-tape wrapped lobby door handle, the dust coated air-duct in the lobby, coffee-spill ringed counters in the lobby and "breakfast" area, and the distracted staff. Our room itself included ill-fitted doors and moulding, a bathroom ventilation fan that ran non-stop, light switch plates with missing screws and a room climate control unit which required a person to physically get out of bed to turn off when the room became uncomfortably hot - apparently a thermostat was not included in the price of a room. The housekeeping aspect of the room included coffee stained(?) sheets, a blanket was thread-bare, cobwebs and dust/debris in the corners of the room. Initially my wife and I thought perhaps we had a "bad room" and were being overly critical, however when my wife shared our observations with another guest we found our impressions were well founded.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jeff C
Jerry S, General Manager at Travelodge Iowa City, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

This property is a work in progress. We continue to upgrade. I thank you for you comments. Please know that I am working on this. I have been here less than 6 months. If you wish please call me at the property and we can speak of this in more detail.

Jerry Stewart

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Quirky layout was confusing, but made for easy access from several sides. We had to parking a moving truck out back, but was still convenient. Nearby restaurant was a lot of fun. Slightly older place, but clean. Tub floor was springy, but nothing really wrong or non-functional. Our room had a microwave and min-fridge, which was more than most places we hit on this trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 7 in Iowa City
Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville
Super 8 Iowa City/Coralville
#15 of 21 in Coralville
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center

Been to Travelodge Iowa City? Share your experiences!