“Great Pizza!”
Review of The Airliner

The Airliner
Ranked #39 of 251 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: American
Description: Sold on Airliner Restaurant in Iowa City! Reasonable Prices, Excellent Service and Tasty food!!! About two weeks ago I ate at the Airliner Restaurant in downtown Iowa City. I now understand why this restaurant has stayed in business for so many, many years. Wow!!! The food, service, casual atmosphere and prices are the best. About two weeks ago I tried the pizza and fell in love with the crust. The next week I returned with friends, and we ordered hamburgers. Delicious and what a deal!!!! We happened to hit it on ½ price night! (There is a ½ price pizza night too). The college aged blonde haired waitress was sweet, and very attentive. She made us feel welcome. The Airliner serves an intergenerational clientele (workers, college kids, families), and has a fun atmosphere with memorabilia and big screen TV’s. Rumor has it that Ashton Kutcher was discovered at this restaurant! This is a great place to frequent in the Old Capitol Cultural District of Iowa City. I will be eating here often!
twins5300
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

It's been there forever! My husband went there in the 1980's. Food - TV's - Beer specials.

Visited February 2012

Iowa
“Tasty”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Service was a little slow, but food was good. Didn't try the pizza, but the chicken parmesan sandwich was good.

Visited January 2012
Ely, Iowa
“MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This pizza is so good. Seriously. We've been here numerous times over the past 30 years and it never fails to disappoint. Except for one burned hamburger. But you can't beat the pizza and beer on a Thursday night. Be prepared to wait unless you stand, and it is full of co-eds.

Iowa City, Iowa
“Great local watering spot with nightly food/drink specials!!!”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Airliner has been a great place to go for happy hour specials (both food and drink) for years. Our most recent visit happened to be on a burger special night. We enjoyed cheese balls, nachos, B-2 Burger and a Plane Burger. It was all outstanding and the waitress even spent time entertaining our 3 year old. Great place in Iowa City - lots of tradition!!!!!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank section132
San Francisco, California
“Shocked!”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Lived in NYC and now Chicago. I know good pizza. Airliner is something to remember for some pizza.

Visited February 2011