“Food is excellent”

Ranked #9 of 263 Restaurants in Iowa City
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A one of a kind venue with out of this world cuisine . It's big city dining in downtown Iowa city!
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We go to this restaurant as our special occasion place. The food has always been excellent. Tonight we were celebrating my husband's birthday. Our reservations were for 7 and the restaurant was not busy, so things came out a bit fast. By the time our entrees were served ( and we shared an appetizer and had a salad) it was pretty full, so I imagine others may have had a more leisurely dinner. My only coaling is that they do not serve bread with the meal.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Surprisingly delicious food. My wife and I both thought it deserves a better rating in Iowa City Trip Advisor. Top ten easily!

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to dinner at orchard green. For a Friday night it was not crowded.Surprisingly so. The place was rich with dark coloured wood and beautiful chandeliers. Menu was carried with good selections. I had pork scallopine it was average. also had crab cakes. Don't bother. very small and tasteless. All items were ala cart.
Entree was 24 and no salad. dessert was creme brulee. Again don't bother. Also no prices on dessert menu. I don't get that. Service was ok but nothing to write home about.

1  Thank davids3187
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is our go-to restaurant for any special occasion. The building is beautiful. There is valet parking. And the food is delicious! Would rank it #1 or #2 in the area. Do not miss!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have had a perfect meal every time I have eaten here, about 10 times. Food is excellent, so is the service, atmosphere, etc. It's our favorite restaurant in town, by far. You just can't go wrong. The bouillabaisse is the best anywhere, especially when ordered with the focaccia to sop up the stupendous sauce. TRY it.