“Wonderful stay”

Smiths' Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iowa City
Smiths' Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 7 Iowa City B&B and Inns
Simi Valley
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My Sister & I stayed 3 days with Mark & Beth based on prior reviews. The home is beautiful, the breakfasts tasty, the company wonderful and all at a reasonable price. This is a wonderful location in a beautiful neighborhood. I would recommend this B & B to anyone & everyone.
Gerri from Simi Valley

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelinsis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I was actually there in January of 2008 with three extended family members (my kids & my cousin), thr four of us ranging in age from 15 to 50ish. The upstairs bedrooms, sitting room and spacious bathroom were ideal for a family group. At breakfast time, we were treated like guests of Mark and Beth, and the rest of the time, we enjoyed the flexibility and comforts of the upstairs space. Definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a very good rest with a friendly touch.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank margaretsch
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I'm not the B&B type, but I recommend Smiths' B&B without hesitation. The house is exceptionally clean, very comfortable, and located within walking distance to campus/downtown. And Mark and Beth are excellent hosts. They're intelligent and laid back folks who are happy to engage, though also will respect your space. I stayed for four weeks, mostly in their downstairs apartment style room which is large, quiet, and has a private entrance and basic kitchen. The upstairs rooms are brighter, though less private. Overall, this is a great spot.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sempy1
Madison, WI
Reviewed March 10, 2009

Smiths’ B&B, on Brown Street, is my favorite place in Iowa City. I have been a guest at the Smiths’ several times in the last few years, and have stayed at various times in each of their three spacious and attractive rooms. I really appreciate the table and chair that I find in each lovely guest room, as well as the wireless internet, and I like being able to walk to the university from here. Beth Smith’s breakfasts are wonderful! She makes the BEST homemade granola, bakes her own bread, and cooks up very fine eggs. In the summer, when the weather is favorable, breakfast is sometimes served on the screened porch, and it’s like dining in a tree house. Mark Smith makes us feel very much at home, and is lots of fun to talk with.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wyalusing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iowa City
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
Hampton Inn Iowa City/University Area
hotelVetro: studio suites & convention center
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#5 of 7 in Iowa City
Travelodge Iowa City
Travelodge Iowa City
#4 of 7 in Iowa City

Been to Smiths' Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!